DuClaw Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
The Cellar Person is responsible for the duties related to the fermentation, filtration, and carbonation of all beer to packaging. This role is responsible for:
- Cleaning and sanitizing fermentation and conditioning tanks;
- Filtering and transferring the beer from tank to tank;
- Monitoring the fermentation process of beer, including temperature, gravity, and carbonation;
- Cleaning and sanitation of tanks, product lines, equipment, and floors.
- Execute all tasks in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and Safety Protocols;
- Operate centrifuge and other equipment in a safe and proper manner;
- Maintain cleanliness of the cellar and related areas;
- Complete and submit necessary paperwork accurately, legibly, and in a timely manner;
- Identify and communicate all maintenance/repair issues and manage repairs;
- Monitor gravities, temperatures, and carbonation level daily.
- High School Diploma, GED (or equivalent, reading, writing, reasoning, and computer skills);
- Minimum of 1+ years’ experience in cellaring or brewing in a production brewery is required.
- Ability to work without direct supervision;
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs;
- Ability to become certified to operate a forklift;
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions;
- Understanding of basic math skills;
- Capable of standing on your feet for long periods, 8-10 hours per day.