Sales Representative - Orange County
Karl Strauss Brewing CompanyApply for Job
Craft Beer is not just a job. It's who we are.
Looking for a family of fun, craft beer lovin' folks who know how to have a good time? Yeah, that's us.
Award-winning beer? We got that.
Incredible food and a commitment to impeccable service? We practically wrote the book on it.
All we're missing is you.
Karl Strauss Brewing Company in San Diego's original craft brewery, pioneering the San Diego beer scene since 1989. Flash-forward 29 years and Karl Strauss is currently the 41st largest craft brewery in the US and operates 10 brewery restaurants across Southern California. We are a rapidly growing company, and we are lookin' for some beer-loving rock stars who want to help us make people happy one Karl Strauss beer at a time.
Karl Strauss Brewing Company offers health benefits, flexible work/life balance, paid vacation and holidays, 401(k) plan with employer match, great food and beer discounts, Wellness Program, career development, and growth opportunities.Position Summary
The Sales Representative is responsible for promoting and selling Karl Strauss draught and bottle beer to on-premise accounts in his/her assigned territory. The Sales Rep is expected to independently grow the sales volume of Karl Strauss beers.Essential Functions & Duties
- Increases market share and sales of Karl Strauss beers by spending more than 50% of his/her workday prospecting customers and visiting current accounts.
- Utilizes strategic selling skills and customer buying habits to target new accounts and maintain long-term relationships.
- Aggressively pursues new accounts and stays abreast of his/her territory’s local bars and restaurants.
- Provides superior service to existing customer base by providing POS materials, educational sessions, and tours & tastings as instructed.
- Possesses expert beer knowledge of the Karl Strauss portfolio of beers and demonstrates a passion for the craft beer industry.
- Manages his/her time and activities to maximize sales volume in defined territory.
- Maintains responsible expense planning to achieve maximum return on investment.
- Conducts draught service as needed and/or delegates work to the draught technicians for more thorough trouble shooting/repairs.
- Manages his/her territory's promotions and special events as delegated by management, acting as a representative of the company.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High School Diploma or equivalent education.
- 2 years sales experience preferably in the service or hospitality industry.
- Excellent persuasive selling and relationship development skills.
- Basic understanding of computer programs such as Excel, Access, Word, Outlook.
- Must have a clean driving record.