Assistant Hard Cider Maker/Cellar Worker
Champlain OrchardsApply for this Job
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ability to work independently and with a team of alcohol production staff and other Champlain Orchards staff.
- Monitor and execute all production steps including following Standard Operating Procedures for:
- must analysis, fermentation
- additions of yeast, sulfite, nutrients, and/or other additives as needed
- settling, racking, and cold stabilization
- filtrations and fining
- blending, bottling, labeling
- warehousing of cased goods
- Planning, coordinating, monitoring workflow process
- Monthly audits of bottled and bulk cider inventories and record keeping
- TTB compliance
- Product development
- Quality control and lab analysis
- Assist in filling orders of self-distribution and FOB shipments to distributors
- Ensure company standards for food safety, proper food handling practices, sanitation, and production are maintained, and completing all Food Safety records as required.
- Cleaning and sanitation
- last 30 minutes of each day reserved for cleaning equipment and Cidery
- sanitation of vessels, hoses, and production equipment before and after use
- organize dry goods, equipment, Cidery for easy access and use
Education and Experience Requirements
The position requires an individual who has a degree in Science, Microbiology, or technology and/or at least two years of related experience in Cidery, brewery, winery, or related industry.
The individual needs to be comfortable and willing to work long, physical hours every day. Be able to lift 50 lbs and push heavy pallet jacks. Be comfortable operating a fork lift and with operating equipment with high pressure and electricity. Have a working knowledge of pumps, hoses, tanks, filters, and other process equipment. Safe handling and practices with cleaning and process chemicals. Be able to perform relevant chemical analysis and calculations. The individual shall possess the character qualities of being honest, trustworthy, respectful, and have sound work ethics.