Blake's Hard Cider Co.Apply for this Job
Blake's is looking for a talented, driven and experienced packaging/maintenance manager! This is a full time position with full benifits including health, vision, and 401k. Salary based on experience.
The Packaging Manager is responsible for all packaging employees, equipment, packaging schedule and packaging inventory. This position will work closely with logistics and the controller to assure that all packaging is ordered well in advance of any scheduled production or release.
The Production Engineer is responsible for the management & maintenance of all company assets. Production Engineer must design detailed maintenance schedules for all assets, based on OEM recommendations and accrued historical data. Various forms of testing and trials are expected to be performed to maximize efficiency and lifespan of components and machine performance. Responsible for the effective and efficient planning, scheduling, and communication, of production requirements and asset integrity. This position requires diligently managing a detailed spare parts inventory, and plan.
Responsibilities and Measures of Performance:
- Set and Manage all production quotas
- Ensuring that all packaging functions (canning, bottling, and kegging) are being run efficiently effectively, and are producing the highest quality product.
- Training and coaching the packaging team to maximize all employees’ efficiencies
- Working with the production team to ensure that we are proactively managing the production schedule and demand
- Manage packaging team to achieve the highest quality and labor efficiency
- Maintain and update all packaging related SOPs
- Managing and updating all packaging related employee certifications
- Work with team to ensure that all new product and seasonal release deadlines are met
- Ensure that all packaging equipment maintains the highest standards of sanitation.
- Maximize equipment performance, while minimizing down time and cost.
- Work with Production team and scheduler to ensure proper production staffing
- Develop and Maintain Detailed Maintenance Schedule for all assets including:
- Canner (ProBrew 90s)
- Keg Cleaner
- Pallet Wrapper
- Glycol Coolers
- Hanging Coolers
- Water Heater
- Water Softener,
- Hand Tools, (Power Washer, Floor Scrubber, Pallet Jacks)
- Ozone Machines
- All other company assets.
- Trains employees on all maintenance procedures and signs of degradation int their respective areas.
- Expected to rotate working with all machinery on a regular basis to ensure proper functionality.
- Maintain organized and documented inventory of all Spare Parts and necessary tools.
- Implement maintenance schedules on all equipment
- Proactively manage all maintenance schedules to achieve zero unplanned breakdowns
- Maintenance plan schedule is clearly posted, and automated reminders are set for non-routine activities
- Maintain and post detailed deep cleaning schedules on all equipment
- Ensures that an accurate recording system for all maintenance is maintained.
- All needed components & downtime needs, and planning are clearly communicated to manager and staff.
- SOPs related to maintenance activities and common troubleshooting techniques are maintained and readily available.
- Managing and updating all packaging related employee certifications
- Historical maintenance activities and breakdowns are documented and used to logically determine how maintenance activities are classified (time, cycle, or conditional)
- Responsibly managing all spare parts and tool costs through comparing prices and negotiation.
- Managing a, A-B-C classification of spare parts inventory
- Managing the facilities tool inventory and ensuring that tools are maintained in their designated areas.
- Working with the production team monitor and manage proper inventory reorder point and quantities.
- Communicating to the production team any inventory shortages or potential issues.
- Monitoring the quality of incoming packaging materials
- Manage all employee equipment certifications
- Communicate effectively with the Production team informing and updating them regularly to guarantee that goals and objectives are met.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor that reflects the company’s commitment to quality, continuous improvement and respect for individuals.
- Supervise the staff to effectively schedule and prioritize hours and, when necessary, reorganize to meet special activity requirements.
- Work with Production team to ensure proper staffing during hours of operation.
- Ensures all employees comply with company customer contact standards. Follow systems and procedures outlined in the company procedures.
- Responsible for training and maintaining employee fork lift certifications.
- Guarantee satisfaction and value for our product quality.
- Achieve or exceed the production goals.
- Maintain a positive Production Facility attitude and ensure that all employees under your supervision are aligned with the company goals.
- Follows all instructions (written and verbal) as given by the manager.
- Ensures that all company transactions are done in an ethical and prudent manner.
- Keeps updated on the events in the industry and market place in order to take advantage of new trends.
- Maintaining cleanliness outside & inside.
- Assist with portable bar setup
- Arrive on time with a positive attitude every day.
- Ensure that your time is being used efficiently and effectively every day.
- Meeting or exceeding production volume goals as established by the Manager
- Maintaining expenses within budget.
- All paperwork is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- always Conducts himself/herself in a professional and cooperative manner.
- Product quality and consistency is of utmost importance, with complaints held to an acceptable minimum as established by the General Manager/Owner.
- Maintains professional appearance all times.
- Provides a high degree of cooperation and interaction with other employees and departments to ensure all employees are utilizing their time efficiently and effectively.
- Fully completing assigned tasks, or seeking assistance when needed
- Overall cleanliness and ability to follow processes
- Follows all safety protocols
- Utilizes time in an efficient and effective manner
- Makes a positive contribution to the team through attitude, ideas, and work ethic.
Qualifications, Skills & Requirements:
- Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engineer maintenance solutions and schedules that minimize down time and cost, while simultaneously maximizing equipment performance.
- Complete understanding of all equipment. Production engineer
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret industry/trade magazines.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from various sources.
- Logical and systematic problem-solving ability
- Excellent knowledge of the equipment and various solutions from not only OEM but other users.
- Ability to engineer innovative solutions
- Ability to source equipment and components in a financially and timely manner.
- Ability to devise tests to ensure most effective maintenance methods are being used.
- Ability to effectively communicate, in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to do routine business math calculations including computation of costs and pricing.
- Ability to deal effectively with vendors in person and on the telephone.
- Excellent understanding of the principles of Production.
- Able to use Microsoft Office Applications
- Must be able to lift full kegs frequently for extended periods of time
- Must be able to remain on your feet for an entire shift
- The work for this position will be in a climate controlled, smoke free environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with some periods being loud.
- Work will be performed as per the schedule you create for the team. Some weekend work required as needed.