Quality Control Manager
Roadhouse Brewing CoApply for this Job
Do you love the science of craft beer and working in a dynamic brewing environment? Then read on...
Roadhouse Brewing Company is seeking an experienced, passionate, quality-driven QC manager to join our brewery in the beautiful mountains of Jackson Hole, WY. Roadhouse is growing by continuing to develop quality products we believe in, focusing on driving consumer demand, and working hard to staff the happiest employees on earth. We keep things interesting by canning in three sizes, bottle-conditioning Belgian-style beers and running a barrel and foeder aging sour program, and we're looking for a QC leader who sees this diversity in packaging and styles as a fun challenge.
This role will act as the final say on quality in Roadhouse's operations and will be responsible for yeast and fermentation management, microbiological analysis and brewing, cellaring and packaging QC. This position will work closely with the head brewer to ensure standards are consistently being met in brewing, packaging and barrel-aging.
¥ Must possess excellent communication and leadership skills.
¥ Must communicate in a positive way that supports a team environment.
¥ Ideal candidate would have 3+ years managing the QC side of breweries.
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service. Investigate (and correct) customer issues and complaints relating to quality.
- Supervise workers engaged in sampling and testing activities to ensure high productivity and high technical integrity.
- Apply total quality management tools and approaches to analytical reporting processes.
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and to establish quality and reliability expectancy of finished products.
- Formulate, document, and maintain quality control standards and on-going quality control objectives.
- Provide technical and statistical expertise to teams.
- Maintain active role on internal continuous improvement teams.
- Coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with production manager and brewery manager to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Create, document, and implement inspection criteria and procedures.
- Interpret quality control philosophy to key personnel within the company.
- Design, develop, and implement quality control training programs.
- Provide, and oversee, visual activity for product through production cycle.
- Apply total quality management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes.
- Create and direct environmental and safety test functions and applications.
- Be an active member of the safety team.
- Effectively communicate with brewing and production teams; act as a leader for quality on the floor and partner with other leaders for clear and positive communication.
Compensation is salary based with benefits including health insurance, ESOP, affiliate discount programs and free beer.
Roadhouse Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Roadhouse Brewing Company does not discriminate based on disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.