Director of Non-Alcoholic Beverages
Maletis BeverageApply for Job
Beverage is a local, family owned beverage distributor of beer, cider, wine and non-alcoholic beverages. Since its founding in 1935, the company has established itself as a leading distributor in the Pacific Northwest through our commitment to building strong, lasting relationships with our customers, suppliers, and the local community.
The company operates out of headquarters in Portland, Oregon and a facility in Vancouver, Washington. Maletis Beverage employs over 400 of the finest people in the beverage industry who are dedicated to upholding the company’s mission: “Leading the industry with quality products, teamwork and customer satisfaction.”
Maletis Beverage is seeking a Director of Non-Alcoholic Beverages to manage and develop our portfolio of Non-Alcoholic brands. The Director of Non-Alcoholic will be responsible for overseeing the sales and marketing activities for the Non-Alcoholic portfolio and fostering relationships with suppliers and key retail accounts. In these appointed accounts, the position will be required to inform, communicate and motivate the retailer to expand and grow their business with Maletis Beverage Non-Alcoholic portfolio.
The ideal candidate will be able to lead a small team whose responsibilities are to develop sales and marketing strategies with both our suppliers and sales team. They will also be responsible for managing Non-Alcoholic suppliers, including, but not limited to, annual business planning, developing program, pricing and incentive calendars, managing marketing budgets and being the primary point of contact for all senior members of assigned supplier partners.
Additionally, this person will take the lead in identifying and recruiting new supplier partners that will grow and add value to the Maletis Beverage portfolio. The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial and eager to add and develop new brands to our Non-Alcoholic portfolio.
- Sales, marketing, and business planning for assigned portfolio of brands
- Ensure a high level of execution of assigned portfolio, including growing sales and distribution
- Serve as primary point of contact for assigned portfolio of Non-Alcoholic brands
- Develop Annual Business Plans with supplier partners and continually monitor performance and evaluate results to ensure execution exceeds goals and objectives
- Communicate with inventory and sales team regarding new brand and package introductions and execution
- Develop and execute all assigned supplier initiatives, sales incentives and sales processes
- Monitor implementation and execution of programs, including but not limited to, regular interactions with sales and management regarding brand priorities, brand standards and best practices that lead to successful market execution
- Schedule and conduct regular team sell and ride-with activity with District Managers and Sales Professionals
- Maintain consistent communication with senior management, district managers, delivery, sales professionals, and inventory teams
- Identify and recruit potential Non-Alcoholic Brands that add value to the Maletis Beverage portfolio
- Develop business and foster partnerships with retail accounts that are critical to the ongoing success and growth of the Maletis Beverage Non-Alcoholic portfolio
- Ensure compliance with all budgetary and expense guidelines
- Ensure compliance with the Maletis Beverage Performance Management System, including, but not limited to quarterly and annual reviews.
*Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of non-alcoholic sales experience in the beverage industry
- Successful track record of driving sales, meeting and exceeding sales targets on a year-over-year basis
- 3+ Years Previous experience and familiarity with DSD distribution model
- Entrepreneurial and eager to develop and grow our NA portfolio
- Strong communicator and an experience building relationships with chain retailers
- Ability to analyze IRI and pricing dynamics
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, ability to set priorities, coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously and be attentive to details
- Previous experience working with consumer good products, non-alcoholic beverage brands a plus
- Previous managerial or supervisory experience a plus
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
- Short-term Disability