Sonoma Springs Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
About the Company
Founded in 2008, we have grown from modest beginnings into a regional brewery with self-distribution presence throughout Northern California. Our production facility and tasting room are located in the town of Sonoma, CA. Recent upgrades to a state of the art 4 vessel 15 BBL brewhouse, 4,000 BBLs of annual production capacity, a growing barrel aged beer program, and an in-house canning line support our growth trajectory for 2020 and beyond. Additional projects underway include the expansion of our tasting room, additional satellite tasting rooms, increased fermentation capacity, and growth of on premise and off-premise distribution. We need to brew more beer, and are looking for the right candidate to help us satisfy demand across all of our sales channels.
About the Role
We operate in a team environment, with all brewers taking part in all parts of the brewing process, whether hot or cold side. That said, qualified candidates should feel comfortable with the following activities:
- Operating the brewhouse including milling, mashing in, transferring of wort, pitching yeast, etc
- Setting up batches, Yeast Harvesting, and Yeast Disposal
- Disposing of spent materials
- Cleaning and sanitizing tasks such as Fermenter, BBT and other tanks. CIP/Scrub/Sanitation, Mill cleaning, sweeping, cleaning hoses, parts, etc
- Packaging operations such as bottling, kegging, dock work when needed
- Managing production logs and inventory levels in partnership with our operations team
- Monitoring fermentation to ensure quality
- Designing recipes for new beers
- Communicating with the entire Sonoma Springs team including Sales, Operations, and Production Team
Background, Experience, Skills:
- Must be a great communicator and a team player
- Must be able to lift 165 pounds
- Must have at least 5 years of production brewing experience
- Must be a self starter, detail oriented, and passionate about beer quality and customer satisfaction
- Formal brewing education is a plus but not required with the right level of prior experience
- Must be willing to try new things! We love innovation and experimentation!
- Experience with Ekos is a plus!
- We offer a competitive salary
- Health benefits, free beer, and brewery merchandise
- The ability to join a nimble, growing team dedicated to producing the highest quality craft beer.
- The opportunity to contribute to the future product direction and success of Sonoma Springs Brewing Company.
Join our team, live in the heart of wine country, brew beer and live the good life. In person interview is required! Thank you for your interest!!!