Avery Brewing CompanyApply for Job
Purpose: This job is to own everything in the Warehouse. A Warehouse Assistant handles everything going in, everything going out, and knows everything that is currently in the warehouse. Moving pallets of beer and brewing/packaging materials requires forklift operation (both sitting and standing).
- Supplying all departments with materials and ingredients as needed
- Loading/unloading trucks
- Moving finished beer from the packaging area to cold storage
- Building special order pallets. This requires responsible lifting of cases (32 lbs.) and rolling or team lifting kegs weighing up to 165 lbs. onto pallets
- Stocking the bar. This requires team lifting to stack 165 lb kegs 2 high.
- Maintaining inventory of goods in the warehouse
- Rearranging the warehouse as needed to make different items accessible -- this often requires the same items be moved back and forth multiple times per day
- Ability to lift up to 85 lbs. and ability to roll or team lift 165 lb. kegs
- Prior forklift experience is preferred
- Ability to see clearly up close and at a distance
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Flexible schedule with some night/weekend availability including on-site festivals. Start times may vary by shift.
- Frequent communication with other departments to understand their needs in real time
- Attention to detail is critical as often the Warehouse Assistant is the last brewery employee to see our beer before it goes out into the world
- Aptitude with inventory computer software and data entry
- Must adhere to all safety standards