The BrueryApply for Job
Successfully execute all aspects of production at The Bruery per production needs as scheduled including raw materials handling, wort production, cellar movements, wood cellaring and beer finishing. Contribute to a healthy team culture by maintaining positive attitude, professionalism and company vision.
- Execute proper sampling and analysis of daily brews in accordance with schedule; cover directly as needed. Monitor vital wort indicators including but not limited to target gravity, pH, BUs and fermentability.
- Responsible for wort production on automated GEA Brewhouse including but not limited to raw material handling, milling, mash/lauter operation, wort boiling, cooling, and BH CIP
- Responsible for CIP and preparation of fermentation, bright beer, and intermediate step tanks
- Responsible for operation of centrifugal clarification and CIP
- Responsible for finished beer handling including but not limited to carbonation, DO monitoring and recording, and packaging preparation
- Responsible for proper handling of yeast propagation including but not limited to inoculation, pitching, topping, aeration and CIP
- Review completed process paperwork and ensure accurate expression in automated accounting system i.e. Orchestrated Beer
- Maintain a clean and tidy work environment
- Communicate clearly and accept communication efforts in a three (3) shift environment
- Maintain and update shift report in response to real time production
- Ensure that sensory evaluation is monitored responsibly and results are communicated constructively
- Work closely with Production manager, supervisors, quality, and peer staff to execute and pass off tasks effectively
- Maintain a sanitary environment, which includes but not limited to cleaning floors, walls, tanks and ceilings.
- Utilize a 5S approach for organizing supplies, tools and equipment.
- Participate in company events as needed while maintaining professional composure
- Work on a ladder periodically up to height of 18 feet.
- Physically be able to bend over, twist, kneel, climb stairs, stand all day, lift 55+ pounds, work in a non-temperature controlled environment and repeatedly handle hot and cold liquids.
- Able to stand for long periods of time (up to 8-10 hours per day).
- Strictly follow recipes and standard operating procedures while recommending ways of improving them.
- Willingness to work at clean or sour beer facilities as needed
- Willingness to work occasional weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are critical in a 24-hour operation
- High School Diploma / GED. Brewing, Engineering, or other related education preferred
- Clean driving record
- 21 years of age, proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States
- Forklift Certified Applications must have cover letter and resume.
The Bruery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment background check required. We offer competitive compensation, health, dental and vision, generous Paid Time Off (PTO), 401k, annual merchandise credit, and lots of free beer!