Crooked Run BrewingApply for this Job
Crooked Run Brewing is a 10bbl brewery producing 3500bbls a year. We have been in our current space for 2.5 years and just celebrated our 6 year anniversary in July. The brewery is accompanied by a taqueria, juice/cocktail bar, and a chicken biscuit restaurant. At Crooked Run we are always looking for the next big thing.
We are looking for a highly-motivated, hard-working person to join our team. This position is for individuals with heightened attention to detail and a focus on achieving excellence in quality. This position offers health insurance (50% company paid), supplemental health insurance, opportunities to travel for the company (out of state collabs, festivals, GABF, CBC etc.), and salary after a 90 day probationary period.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Must prioritize safety of yourself and other team members at all times and strive to constantly improve the safety of your work environment
- Milling, Malt Handling
- Executing wort production according to our standards and production on a 10 bbl 3 vessel brewhouse
- Recording detailed data on brewhouse operations •
- Staging raw materials, ensuring all inventory necessary is available for production
- Executing scheduled brewhouse CIPs according to SOPs
- Executing Fermenter CIPs according our SOPs
- Yeast Pitching/Management
- Fermentation Management: Gravities, Dry Hopping, Carbonating, Dropping, etc.
- Ensure the cleanliness and upkeep of all areas you work in
- Participate in regular deep cleaning efforts around the brewery
- Research and bring forward the best ideas about process and quality improvement
- Participate in scheduled in-house maintenance and preventative maintenance plans
- Receiving and storing raw materials at the dock, loading trucks
- Packaging our finished product including kegging, canning, and bottling.
- 1+ years of wort production, cellar experience, and operating a canning line
- Full Availability throughout the week with a flexible schedule
- Ability to think critically and multitask
- Ability to lift 55+ lbs regularly and maneuver 165+ lbs regularly
- Ability to safely handle concentrated cleaning chemicals on a regular basis
- Ability to crouch, sit, stand, pull, push, bend, and/or twist while working in confined, wet, hot, and/or cold environments
- Ability to stand for an entire shift
- Ability to climb and work on a ladder