Food Service Sales Representative Northeast
Gotham GreensApply for this Job
Sales Representative – Food Service
Northeast Region (NY, NJ, CT)
Reports to: VP Sales
Gotham Greens is seeking an exceptional Sales Representative – Food Service
to manage the HORECA sales in our Northeast region and based out of our Brooklyn NY office. The Sales Representative is responsible for contributing to sales growth of the brand through new customer acquisition, customer retention, and growth opportunities with current customer base. The Sales Representative will be in contact daily with current and prospective customers, managing opportunity and up-selling current accounts.The Sales Representative reports to the VP of works closely alongside all company teams.
Prior experience in the Food Service and/or CPG industry is preferred. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and organized individual to assume a position at a rapidly growing, innovative, disruptive company in the 21st century food system.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Manage all Food Service accounts and wholesale distributor in the Northeast region
- Accountable for monthly, quarterly and annual case volume, revenue and other KPI’s
- Increase existing business sales velocity while bringing on new business accounts
- Build relationships with headquarter, account level and distributor levels
- Maintain constant and daily contact with accounts
- Create annual trade planner programs with key Accounts
- Utilize CRM systems and sales tools for account management and new sales pipelines
- Coordinate shipping and distribution with Supply Chain/Logistics team
The individual will work with cross functional teams to ensure customers’ needs are met in all areas including A/R, new product development (R&D, compliance, purchasing), production, fulfillment, shipping and creative.They will
maintain compliance with Gotham Greens’ food safety and traceability programs.
Travel up to 50% of the time will be required in the territory focused on new business development, account management and tradeshows as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 yrs of relevant Food Service, HORECA sales experience
- Exp currently selling into restaurants, hotels, cafe’s and distributors in the Northeast
- Exp with metro NY distributors like Baldor, Sid Wainer and others helpful.
- Exp with case volume and revenue quota’s and hitting monthly, quarterly, annual KPI’s
- Ability to excel in a hands-on, fast paced entrepreneurial, start-up
- Excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills
- Passionate commitment to our principles of sustainable agriculture and food
- Strong knowledge of MS Office.
WHO WE ARE:
Gotham Greens is a global pioneer in the field of urban agriculture and a leading producer of year-round, hyper-local produce and fresh food products. The company provides its retail, restaurant, and institutional customers with produce grown under the highest standards of food safety and environmental sustainability. Gotham Greens operates 5 greenhouse facilities spanning
over 180,000 sq. ft. in New York City and Chicago and has another 500,000 sq. ft. under development in 5 states. Gotham Greens was founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY.
We are farmers that live in apartments. Our team is hard working, supportive, and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative.
Gotham Greens is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time