EVENT SUPPORT - Boston area
Sierra Nevada Brewing CompanyApply for Job
If you love craft beer, interacting with people, and want a chance to get more involved with the ever-growing craft beer industry in your spare time, you should consider joining our events team as a Hopstar (per diem events support staff)! This exciting and fun position provides as-needed support to our events managers in the Boston area. You will have the opportunity to spend some of your weekends and weekdays working events and talking all things Sierra Nevada at the best festivals in the area while rubbing shoulders with notable members of the craft beer community.
Hopstars are utilized at various cultural events when added support is needed for the events team. Sometimes you will be working an event on your own; while other times you will be part of a team. During events, you will be setting up and tearing down booths (tents, tables and other display materials); setting up and troubleshooting draft systems and jockey boxes and having lots of customer interaction to educate customers about our company and beer.
This is an hourly, as needed position (per diem), so there will be NO SET SCHEDULE. When we need help with an event, you will come to the rescue! This can range from four (4) to 20 events over a 7-month period, approximately. Most of the work days will be on the weekends and in a fun environment where you will have the chance to interact with fellow craft beer enthusiasts.
- The work schedule will vary based on events and business needs, requiring the ability to work evenings, weekends, early mornings, holidays and sometimes very long days.
- Ability to obtain certification in the TIPS alcohol awareness program is required within 90 days of start date is required.
- This position requires the ability to travel up to 75% of the time, primarily via car, with peak travel from late spring to early fall.
- Extensive travel in the Boston area is required, with up to 2 nights/month overnight travel possible.
- Preference will be given to qualified candidates currently residing in the Boston area and have access to a vehicle that can transport beer and equipment.
- To be the right fit for this position, you need to be very flexible, great with people and able to work independently.
- You must have the ability to share in-depth knowledge about beer, beer-styles, and Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. to the public during the events.
Additional REQUIREMENTS to consider before applying
- This position will require you to be on your feet and speak for long periods of time.
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds and maneuver 168lb kegs safely and with proper body mechanics is required as is the ability to transport large, heavy and bulky equipment like kegs, jockey boxes, tents and tables.
- The successful candidate must have a valid driver’s license and an exemplary driving record free of any major violations within the last FIVE years.
- The qualified candidate has dependable transportation.
- The selected candidate will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment background and driver’s license check.
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer