Flix BrewhouseApply for Job
Job Title: LEAD BREWER
Supervisors: General Manager, Head Brewer
Licensing: If applicable.
Job Description: The primary job of the Lead Brewer is to effectively and efficiently brew our core line of award winning craft beers, contribute to seasonal offerings, maintain quality standards, as well as meet an exceed production goals.
Job Purpose: To ensure guest satisfaction is delivered through quality craft beer production.
- Candidate must work well independently and with others.
- Candidate must have a true passion for the art of brewing.
- Candidate must possess a minimum of 3 years of brewing experience, preferably in a brewpub environment.
- A candidate with mechanical inclination and general understanding of fluid dynamics is highly preferred.
- Candidate must be able to work an average of 55 hours per week.
- Cicerone® Certified Beer Server or higher certification preferred.
- Graduate from an accredited MBAA course preferred, but not required.
- All aspects of beer production including: milling/mashing in, fermentation, cellaring, carbonation, yeast management and dispensing.
- Cleaning and sanitation of all equipment.
- Monthly inventory of all ingredients, product and chemicals.
- Develop new recipes in conjunction with the Head Brewer.
- Supervise and communicate duties to, Assistant Brewer on site.
- Communicate new beer offerings with management staff.
- Work with Director of Learning and Team Member Development to communicate new offerings to hourly staff members.
- Ability to speak and hear.
- Close and distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, and frequently lift 50lbs or more.
- Exposure to heat/cold from the mechanical equipment.
- Moderate to loud noise level.
- Wide Spectrum Flix Brewhouse is designed to deliver a superlative experience for adults and families in the broadest segments of American life. However, we are not all things to all people.
- Guest Service Philosophy We make every reasonable effort to make the guests we serve happy. Although guests are not always right, they are always our guests.
- Surprise and Delight We create emotional connections by going “above and beyond” and turn guests into fans by finding ways to do unexpected things for them.
- Cinematic Leadership We generally exhibit first-run wide release motion pictures. We celebrate the cinematic experience and work to protect it by providing a safe and approachable movie-going environment for adults and families. We will always be on the forward curve of cinema technology.
- Good Food We offer high-quality food that is all-American, responsibly sourced, nutritionally diverse, affordably priced and accessible to the markets we serve.
- Craft Beer We are missionaries working to save the world from bad beer! At the world’s only first-run craft brewery cinema, beer is a unique brand differentiator. We are an active participant in the craft beer movement and support and collaborate with other craft brewers.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Industry-competitive base salary.
- Comprehensive individual and family medical, dental and vision plans.
- “Safe-harbor” 401(k) plan with generous company match.
- 18 days paid time off (PTO) per year, increasing at year 5.
*We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer which values diversity. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit and business need. EEO/M/F/V/D - We are an e-Verify employer.