Fermentation (Brew) Supervisor
Humm KombuchaApply for Job
As one of the nation’s fastest growing kombucha companies, Humm Kombucha is on a quest to put the goodness of Humm in the hands of as many people as possible.
We are hiring a Fermentation Supervisor who supervises the fermentation team members and processes that directly produce ready to package raw tea.
What You’ll Be Doing:
In this role, you’ll hire, train, supervise and direct Fermentation Technicians and Fermentation Leads in the processes that produce raw tea and flavored, ready-to-package, product. You will directly and effectively communicate with leaders within the Operations Department, especially with changes to planned production schedules. The best part of this role is growing and developing the Fermentation team and brewing process in order to achieve company goals and future run rates. You will have a daily presence on the floor, assisting and supporting Fermentation staff. This role is key in our overall operations team.
Some of the fun details of the position:
- Develop new SOPs and contribute to innovations in our fermentation systems.
- Maintain the most up to date sanitation practices and industry standards, as well as developing sanitation practices to meet company goals and standards.
- Participate in cross department work to achieve company goals and implementation of new projects.
- Work in partnership with the R&D team to implement new practices, test new processes.
- Ensure Fermentation team is current on operations and updates outside of the department.
- Maintain accurate, thorough and up to date tracking records of all brewing processes through Excel documents, Google Docs, and current ERP system.
- Possess the ability to distinguish smells, flavors and colors of product through sensory work.
- Communicate with Packaging, Maintenance, Lab, and Warehouse departments about schedules, production plans and continuous improvement projects.
- Deliver outstanding internal and external customer service.
- Work to meet production schedules while advocating for staff’s well being and long-term sustainability.
- Practice excellent leadership skills under the guidance of company core values
- Have one-on-one meetings with staff to facilitate growth within the company and champion team members success.
What’s Required for Consideration:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar leadership role in a large scale food or beverage manufacturer.
- Fermentation/brewing experience.
- Experience working with large scale brewing equipment.
- Experience leading and executing strategic plans which require high levels of coordination between teams.
- Excitement about Humm Kombucha and Being a Part of the Win!