Quality Control Technician
Five Boroughs Brewing Co.Apply for this Job
Five Boroughs Brewing Co. is a New York City brewery and taproom in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. We produce high-quality craft beers that embody the dynamic spirit of New York City, a place where aspirations are limited only by what you are able to brew up in your head. Five Boroughs Brewing Co. aims to celebrate and encourage the exploration of craft beer and all the wonders the five boroughs of New York City have to offer.
We are currently looking for a passionate and dedicated Quality Control Technician to join our team in our Sunset Park, Brooklyn brewery and taproom facility.
Duties will include:
- Fermentation management operations including tank manipulations, sterile sampling, and daily gravity checks.
- Laboratory operations including cell counting, pH testing, and microbial analysis of samples via PCR.
- Measuring dissolved oxygen levels throughout the brewing/fermentation/packaging process
- Maintaining a clean and organized lab.
- Assisting with developing sensory panels.
- Maintaining and calibrating lab and cellar analytical equipment.
- Accurately completing production and quality control logs. Logging all data in a timely manner.
- Assisting with general production tasks including propagating yeast, pitching and harvesting yeast, cleaning tanks, transfers, and packaging operations.
- Working with dangerous chemicals while following Standard Operating Procedures and Policies.
- Operating forklifts, pallet jacks and hand trucks
- Assisting head brewer with any potential projects / tasks that are needed
Our ideal candidate looks something like this:
- University degree in a related field (Brewing, Biology, Chemistry, etc.)
- Minimum of 1-year experience in a commercial production brewery or brewpub
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and the ability to use a computer for data entry, record keeping, E-mail, etc.
- Collaborative spirit with a hands-on attitude and a strong work ethic
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Extensive knowledge of beer styles
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and evenings
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Physical demands / Working conditions:
- Frequent lifting: up to 60 lbs.
- Frequent moving: up to 165 lbs.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job such as operating production and packaging equipment, driving a forklift, and operating pallet jacks
- The duties and responsibilities are generally performed in a brewery environment
- The position generally involves continuous standing, frequent walking, moderate to heavy lifting, moderate to heavy carrying, frequent bending and reaching, frequent climbing of stairs and ladders, and in-person communication
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation will be commensurate with applicant’s previous experience
- Five Boroughs Brewing Co. prides itself on offering a robust benefits package including health, dental, vision and commuter programs
If interested, please email your resume and a cover letter in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure you tell us a little about the first beer you ever fell in love with.
Five Boroughs Brewing Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Five Boroughs Brewing Co. encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.