2 Silos Brewing Co.Apply for this Job
The Brewer shall work both independently as well as in a team environment, under the direction of the Lead Brewer, for the manufacturing and packaging of superior quality craft beer. 2 Silos Brewing Co is a growing company with a small, tight knit group of dedicated individuals that are passionate about beer, food, service, and the customer experience.
Education and Experience
- Must be 21+ years of age or older.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- BS or BA Degree in Brewing Technology, Engineering, Biology, Microbiology, or Food Science is preferred.
- Certification in Brewing Science (eg. Siebels, UC-Davis, ) and Masters of Science in Brewing and Distillation a plus
- 3 Years commercial brewing experience or training, or a combination of education and experience required.
- Advanced knowledge of the brewing process required.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of OSHA, TTB, ABC, & FDA regulations regarding manufacturing brewery operations.
Full-time position that requires working different days of the week. Must be a self-starter. Must possess the following strengths; high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational, effective communicator, innovative and creative while being detail oriented and organized. Candidate must be experienced with commercial brewing equipment, systems, processes, supporting mechanical systems & infrastructure, computers, email and social media. The candidate must able to work independently and be serious about work ethic. Able to embrace changing demands of a dynamic business environment. Must be a team player with a positive, helpful, can-do attitude while working in a fast-paced environment.
CORE WORK ACTIVITES/RESPONSIBILITEIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES
The Brewer is responsible for brewing, cleaning, packaging, and cellaring. General duties, in accordance with company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), include but are not limited to the following:
- Complete & assist in brewing process in a safe and efficient manner. Including milling, mashing, grain-out, lautering, wort production, and transferring to fermentation vessels.
- Complete & assist in cellaring processes including fining, filtration, transferring, dry hopping, barrel aging, clean kegs and tanks as needed.
- Complete & assist in packaging processes including kegging, canning, bottling.
- Complete & assist in shipping & receiving as necessary
- Complete & assist in cooperage management
- Complete and assist in yeast propagation, harvesting, and storage.
- Use proper clean-in-place (CIP) procedures to clean and sanitize brewing equipment in
- Engage in quality assurance activities, projects, and work with Quality Assurance team to ensure products meet quality assurance specifications and standards.
- Maintain cleanliness of all areas in the brew house; completion of daily cleaning and maintenance checklists.
- Completion of brew day check lists and data entry.
- Repair brewery equipment with assistance from other employees.
- Pick-up shifts in the taproom (The Pour House) as required.
- Maintain inventory as needed. Report any low levels of inventory to your supervisor when necessary.
- React to an anomaly by developing and executing contingency and alternate plans for resolving problems and communicate as needed to the appropriate personnel.
- Arrive to each shift on time with a positive attitude.
- Perform others duties as assigned and lead work groups or teams as required.
- Able to perform physical work in a loud environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat.
- Communicate regularly and efficiently with 2 Silos Brewing Co staff & management.
- Adapt to changing priorities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Read, analyze, and interpret periodicals, journals, technical procedures and/or government regulations as needed.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 55 pounds.
- Theemployee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 170 pounds.
- Reports directly to Lead Brewer
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Refined verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks while maintaining standards of operations
- Excellent hospitality skills and professional presentation
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Displays excellent communication skills
- Maintains confidentiality
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
Paid Time Off
- Extensive and well-rounded training program
- Continued career development & growth opportunities
- Discount dining and retail program
HOW TO APPLY
Send Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org