Brewery Production Assassin
Rogue Ales & SpiritsApply for Job
At Rogue our mantra is Dare, Risk, Dream. This is an attitude that comes from relentless curiosity and a drive to question, create and inspire. A DIY spirit runs through everything we do and make. We aren't afraid to think big, get messy and risk it all when it comes to creating authentic, innovative products that we are passionate about.
In baseball, the term is ‘Utility player;’ another expression is, ‘jack of all trades’, at Rogue, it is simply ‘Assassin.’ The Production Assassin works in the Production/Operations office with the Director of Operations, and the Assistant Director, performing a myriad of activities including, but not limited to: administrative tasks, regular production statistics reporting, product development taste paneling,ingredient sourcing, equipment purchasing / sales and production labor at SABs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and distribute regular reporting on brewery key performance indicators, and production forecasts.
- Assist and coordinate taste panels and product tasting.
- Information gathering for long-term planning and budgeting.
- Assist in planning, and management of SABs.
- Communicate with vendors for misc. production purchases and sales.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1+ year work experience. Brewing industry preferred.
- General knowledge of brewing process, and production equipment.
- Professional proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Adaptable, strong self-starting skills, and ability to multi-task.
- Able to take personal ownership of results, and bring innovative approaches to getting things done.
- Communication skills, both written and verbal, attention to detail, and an emphasis on quality.
- Strong planning and organizational abilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms for extended hours.
Must be able to use hands, fingers to wrist for fine digit manipulation
Must be able to maintain adequate vision (with or without corrected lenses)
Adequate peripheral vision is necessary for safety purposes, as are depth, distance, and ability to focus.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and be able to move kegs which weigh close to 165 pounds.
Office setting for 70% of work. Brewery / warehouse / production space for 30% of work.Production environment conditions vary often with fluctuating temperatures, and moisture level.Production environment is frequently noisy.Production work takes place around potentially hazardous machinery, and chemicals. Personal Protective Equipment and standard operating procedures are enforced to ensure employee safety.
Ability to travel 20% of the time.
Additional duties may be required. Rogue reserves the right to change duties, responsibilities, and activities at any time with or without notice.
Compensation and Benefits
Position is hourly. Rogue offers competitive wages that will be determined by experience and other factors. Position is eligible for Medical, Dental and Vision Care, PTO, 401(k) with company match, and other company perks outlined in the Rogue Employee Handbook.
Reasonable Accommodations To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and physical demands satisfactory with or without reasonable accommodations. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals are not entitled to the accommodation of their choosing, and unreasonable accommodations, or accommodations that constitute an undue burden, will be denied.