Brewing Manager - Great Divide Brewing Company - Denver, CO
Great Divide Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
Great Divide Brewing Company, an award-winning regional craft brewery located in Denver, Colorado, is adding a Brewing Manager to its Team!
This position’s primary responsibilities will be the oversight of the production of wort, cellar work and beer filtration on a daily basis. The Brewing Manager position is a full-time position and will report directly to the Senior Director of Brewery Operations. Additionally, the Brewing Manager is responsible for the brewery’s quality assurance program, and is a key contributor to the Brewery’s new beer and product development process.
THIS POSITION WILL BE BASED OUT OF DENVER, COLORADO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Leading a team in producing a high volume of quality beer in a safe and efficient manner.
- Writing and communicating a shift schedule for all brewing and cellar staff.
- Building and maintaining a strong team of motivated and educated employees.
- Writing, updating, delivering and enforcing standard operating procedures for the department.
- Ensuring clean and sanitary equipment and working environment.
- Managing raw materials inventories and materials contracts.
- Analyzing and reporting on all brewing operations and efficiencies.
- Completing, entering and maintaining daily production records.
- Scheduling and overseeing repairs and maintenance on all brewing and cellar equipment.
- Working with the department heads and production team to create and improve processes that encourage safety, quality and efficiency.
- Proactively managing yeast health and beer fermentations.
- Managing barrel aged and sour beer program.
- Managing the pilot beer program including creating new and unique processes and beer recipes.
- Overseeing the cask beer program.
- Leading departmental meetings.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION/LICENSE REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 10 year of experience as a professional brewer.
- Proven success in a leadership role managing 10 or more employees in a brewery setting.
- Extensive experience and understanding of preventive maintenance, team motivation and management, ordering and inventory management, record keeping and data analysis.
- Extensive experience and understanding of the brewing process, sanitation, yeast health and fermentation and beer transfer and clarification.
- Experience with brewery quality assurance and quality control plans.
- Experience in the theories and production of sour beer styles.
- Formal brewing education preferred.
- Advanced computer proficiency including MS Office Suite.
- Positive attitude with an ongoing sense of urgency.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proven ability to work with others.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- A flexible schedule with the ability to work nights and weekends.
- Strong ability to teach/mentor and motivate all types of individuals.
- Advanced mathematical and reasoning skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced sensory analysis skills.
- Artistic vision coupled with creative thinking.
- Strong overall understanding of OSHA regulations and requirements.
- Must be able to lift 65 pounds and move 175 pounds regularly.
- Must have the ability to regularly stand, walk, use hands, reach, climb, work from heights, stoop, kneel and crouch.
- The ability to work near moving parts and machinery.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust focus and the ability to see color; either with or without accommodation.
- The ability to work in loud, wet, cold, hot, indoor and outdoor environments frequently.
Qualified applicants should possess superior knowledge and passion of the craft beer business, experience in a similar role at a brewery, ability to excel in an collaborative work environment, exceptional work ethic and ability to understand the big picture while keeping a close eye on the details, strong written and verbal communication skills, capability to multi-task, and a major appreciation for organization. Applicants should also possess reliable car transportation, a clean driving record, night and weekend flexibility, and an outstanding relationship-building personality.
We offer a full benefits package, incentive plan, and 401K.
Interested and qualified applicants should send a resume and cover letter to CoolJobs.Brewing@greatdivide.com with the subject line “Brewing Manager”. No drop-ins, no recruiters, no phone calls, please. Interviews will be conducted as qualified resumes are received and position will be posted until filled.