Head of Sales
Venture Backed Cold Brew Coffee CompanyApply for this Job
Based in Los Angeles, CA, we are a bold young venture-backed company with a mission to create a product like none other on the market today. We are launching a premium specialty cold brew coffee that blurs the lines between a coffee, an energy drink and a nutritional drink. We accomplish this by combining a proprietary blend of organic, free trade coffee with nature's best adaptogens, herbs and nutrient dense superfoods through a unique brewing process.
The Head of Sales will be passionate about providing the world with the healthiest cold brew coffee in the marketplace. The ideal candidate will be excited to share his experience and knowledge of sales and distribution of cold chain beverages to set records for our emerging brand. This position is responsible for developing the go-to-market strategy and tactics that will increase customer loyalty, distribution growth, and company profitability by supporting and building relationships with new and existing retailers, distributors and brokers. The Head of Sales will work closely with the General Manager and Finance team to provide forecasting and financial support. This includes the development of an annual forecast, budget and sales plan. The Head of Sales actively manages bottom up planning with key accounts across multiple-channels on annual bases and sets quarterly and annual objectives. With an entrepreneurial spirit, the ideal candidate will be a team-builder, a transformational leader, a strategist, an innovator, a storyteller and a consultative sales expert.
- Establish multi-channel sales strategy and oversee the execution of sales tactics to launch Koffee Reinvented into the Regional and National Marketplace
- Manage the evolution of the internal sales, external sales agencies and brokers through hiring, training, managing and effectively allocating sales resources as necessary to support continued growth
- Develop and carefully cultivate new partnerships with retailers, distributors and brokers to effectively manage the sell-in and sell-through of all products
- Manage Category Review processes and Buyer Meetings with multi-store chains
- Develop tools and processes to manage retail inventories and eliminate out of stocks
- Develop and train sales team in utilizing fact-based selling tools and market information to secure new product distribution
- Effectively manage trade budget to maximize impact of return on promotional and placement spending
- Boldly represent brand at Trade Shows and Events
- Mange the use of demos and innovative field marketing opportunities to drive trial and consumer awareness
- Ensure the timely receipt of sales data from all partners and be able to consolidate into sales reports and dashboards to manage and communicate performance against KPI’s
- Work with management to develop and execute annual business plans
- Input and maintain all prospect and client activity in CRM tool
- Bachelor’s degree or post graduate education
- A minimum of 5 years of Business to Business outside sales experience focused on new account generation and increased distribution, preferably in food & beverage or others consumer packaged goods
- Experience in leading sales staff. Performed functions of training, developing, coaching, disciplining and conducting performance reviews with subordinates
- Keen understanding of Retail Logistics and Retail Economics across traditional and non-traditional channels of distribution
- Experience and proficient in the creation of strategic and collaborative fact based selling presentations and pitches
- Strong presentation and communication skills with all levels of management
- Experience in developing and managing sales forecasts and business plans
- Ability to analyze and interpret general and financial business reports. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must successfully pass the Pre-employment Assessment Evaluation MSP (Management Success Profile).
- Must be able to travel 50% of the time.
- Software & Technology Proficient (Excel, Word, Outlook, CRM tools)