Bay 13 Brewery and KitchenApply for this Job
Do you love:
- Creating quality beer and exploring flavor
- Comfortable, informal brewpub conviviality
- A great menu and kitchen
- Australian ownership and management
Then please give us a shout.
We’re looking for an experienced brewer to curate our beer recipes, brew to best quality standards, run brewery operations, and enjoy sharing a beer with our guests.
We’re a brand new brewery and kitchen opening in Coral Gables, Miami FL in Jan / Feb 2020. We have a great brewery in Australia and want to share the Australian brewpub experience with the people of Miami. So we will be using plenty of Southern Hemisphere hops to offer a range of beer styles prevalent in Australia as well as have plenty of scope for exploration of all flavours in beer. But note, we’re not a themed venue, we’re just wanting to share a bit of what we know about beer.
Summary of Position:
Our Head Brewer is responsible for everything brewery related, including ordering and production, upholding quality standards, training and educating restaurant staff, training and mentoring brewery staff and maintaining a clean and positive work environment.
They will lead and motivate to ensure brewing goals and standards are met. They are also responsible for upholding brand standards and acting in the best interest of the business.
We see our Head Brewer as a key contributor to the creation of a high-quality beer experience for guests. We’re looking for someone that can contribute positively to an informal and fun environment where there is a shared pride in the beer, food and ambience experienced.
We would like our Head Brewer to experience Australian breweries, food and beer styles so a willingness to travel is highly desirable.
- A strong attention to detail
- Extremely focused on quality, consistency and processes
- A strong pride in personal and team performance
- A strong work ethic with absolute reliability and commitment to the task, role, team and organization
- Strong planning and organizational skills;
- A self starting work ethic and the ability to multitask, prioritize and adapt to changing situations;
- A leader that enjoys teaching, engaging, mentoring and thrives in a team environment focused on team goals;
- A mature and honest communicator within all levels of an organization;
- A focus on safety, proper handling of hazardous materials and operation of machinery;
- Physical ability to stand, walk and move as required to brew beer including the ability to lift up to 55 pounds and maneuver 170 pounds.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a brewer, preferably with head brewer and recipe creation experience;
- A great understanding of brewing science, brewery technology and brewery operations;
- A demonstrated understanding of, and passionate interest in current brew practices and trends (both local, national and global) and understanding of supply options
- Be able to clearly articulate a style, philosophy and vision for the beer program for the venue;
- An understanding of federal and state regulations regarding brewed beer products;
- Connections within the local and/or national industry;
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation;
- Must be eligible to work in the United States;
- Must agree to background check;
- Must provide references which will be checked;
Please send your CV and cover letter.