Lead Metabolic Nutritionist and Recipe Developer (Remote, Full-time)
Metabolic LivingApply for Job
We’re looking for a world-class “food is medicine” nutritionist, recipe developer and on-camera talent to help us scale our metabolism-first brand to a worldwide audience… all from the comfort of your own home. We want someone who cares deeply about driving client-results while also leading a team.
The ideal person has both an obsession for developing delicious, fast-and-easy recipes based on any philosophy / protocol (e.g. Paleo, vegan, keto, etc.) AND has an incredibly deep, science-based, functional understanding of nutrition based on hands-on work with clients in a clinical practice.
“Food is medicine” isn’t just a talking point for you; you arrived at it because you’ve seen it work.
You will lead many exciting projects for us, including building our customized meal planning service, architecting our 1-on-1 nutrition coaching service, designing recipes for cookbooks for various eating styles and generating video and written content for our social media and internal marketing efforts.
We have a large audience we reach with over 10,000,000 customers, over 1,500,000 monthly visitors to our various sites with over $2,000,000 in advertising spent monthly that’s increasing rapidly. Plus, we have a trusted network of marketing and clinical partners who help us reach tens of millions more.
This is your opportunity to 100% own nutrition leadership on our high-performance metabolic team we’ve been building and to join us in our charge into the rapidly exploding $250+ billion health and wellness field. We’re building the first billion-dollar brand that’s 100% virtual… and need your help.
If you thrive both on camera and love the behind-the-scenes nutrition and recipe work, and…
- You LOVE spending hours meticulously experimenting with recipes to get things JUST right…
- You LOVE preparing delicious meal plans against very specific nutritional requirements…
- You LOVE working directly with clients to deeply understand AND overcome their challenges…
- You LOVE building and managing teams and can spin a lot of plates without losing focus…
- You LOVE rolling up your sleeves, working hands on to grind away and perfect your work…
Then please read on as you’re the ideal candidate and we’d love to talk to you ASAP.
What Are the Key Points?
- Salary: $75,000 - $125,000
- Location: 100% Remote (we have virtual team of 60+ with no corporate office)
- Benefits: Full Insurance (health, dental & long-term disability) + Robust 401k
- Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 (preferably Eastern time but flexible)
- Culture: High-Performance but Humble (no jerks) that Creates Space for Deep Work
- Personality: Obsessed with Details so We can Simplify the Complex for Others
Who is This Opportunity Perfect for?
Anybody who is ready for their next growth opportunity who might relate to any of these:
If you’re tired of the commute, sick of burning the midnight oil, stress is dominating your life, and the cost of real estate is eating up your retirement, this is your opportunity to take back control, live life under your own terms and design a lifestyle that brings you joy, happiness and satisfaction.
Or, if you’re drowning in clinic work, jumping from one client/patient to the next, and getting eaten up with too much on your plate, this is your opportunity to simplify and pour your heart and soul into helping millions of people simultaneously instead of being limited to how many you can see in a day.
Or, if you’re buried in a big company that doesn’t appreciate the value a nutritionist and recipe developer can bring, that just wants volume and doesn’t care about quality, or that thinks “anybody can do this”, this is your opportunity to make a difference and work with an organization that actually cares.
Regardless of your situation, whether you prefer to work in the quiet of your own home, sipping a delicious cup of coffee at your favorite coffee shop, or outside enjoying the sunshine on a bright, beautiful day… then please KEEP reading as we can’t wait to meet you.
Who Are We and What’s the Company’s Background?
Our mission is to empower people to thrive EVERY day so they can enjoy life to the fullest. We’re doing this by spreading our metabolism-first success framework to a worldwide audience. It’s a flexible, fun lifestyle that’s 100% focused on consistently getting you the results that matter: looking your best, feeling your best and performing your best. In the shortest time possible. And in a way that sticks.
It puts YOU back in control. It helps YOU understand how your body and metabolism works. It empowers YOU to fix your own problems. And because it alleviates the frustration and confusion so many of us experience when trying to fix our health, it makes you want to tell the world about it.
Our vision is to do this by growing into a billion-dollar multi-channel brand that’s distributed via online, mobile and physical retail. For 8 years, we’ve been painstakingly building the products, services, framework, team and culture to make this happen. And now we’re scaling into a much larger stage.
We’ve built a full ecosystem of products that allow someone to live a metabolism-first lifestyle. This includes exercise and nutrition programs, nutraceuticals, functional foods, memberships and coaching programs. We’re launching a mobile app next year, then will push into offline retail, extend into home-delivered meals and more. But ONE thing at a time, just like we’ve done for 8 years.
Our next major step is rolling out our new Metabolic Living brand and centralized e-commerce website at www.metabolicliving.com, scheduled to be live this December. We will consolidate into this centralized website our various product-branded microsites like at www.metabolicrenewal.com.
So why is a metabolism-first lifestyle needed? Because there are record amounts of sick, overweight, tired and depressed people piling up around the world. We’re over-worked, over-stressed, over-fed and full of toxins. And we’re deprived of the sleep, nutrition, movement and relaxation we need to thrive.
Unfortunately, the typical solution of extreme dieting and exercise traps people into a 1-step-forward, 2-steps back vicious cycle that makes them worse off. They bounce from one latest flavor-of-the-month program to the next, never making progress… trapped in a downward spiral of increasing desperation.
And philosophies like Paleo or Vegan, while extremely healthy for some, create a rigid us-vs-them tribal mentality that’s self-limiting. Neither of those philosophies work for all people all the time… or even the same person all the time. People differ. Bodies change. If that’s not respected, things will backfire.
The answer? Instead of trying to FIND the perfect program, people need to CREATE their own – one that respects how YOUR body works. And that’s where our metabolism-first framework comes in.
It empowers you with a repeatable, customizable method to optimize your metabolism. Because we’ve found through working with millions of people that a fully optimized metabolism is what delivers the results everyone wants – looking their best, feeling their best and performing their best, EVERY day.
So, instead of fighting against your body and getting inconsistent results with a one-size fits all program or protocol, we teach you to work with your body to enjoy consistent results by building your OWN perfect customized program. One that’s practical, enjoyable and sustainable… and starts working, fast.
What Will You Be Responsible for?
- Taking 100% ownership for all things nutrition and meal/recipe-related, company-wide
- Acting as lead nutritionist, recipe designer and meal planner for all products and services
- Recruit, manage and optimize a team of nutritionists/recipe developers as company scales
- Obsessively test and create new recipes to deliver against any meal planning requirements
- Serve as company’s on-screen talent for recipe creation videos or nutrition tutorials
- Write weekly in-depth blogs / articles on metabolic nutrition or featured recipes
- Create cookbooks themed to any philosophical preference, e.g. Paleo, vegan, keto, etc.
- Provide one-on-one nutritional counseling to clients where needed as part of premium service
- Respond to any nutrition-related questions in our private Facebook groups or paid membership
- Collaborate with customer service team to build templated nutrition answers where appropriate
- Answer any customer service inquires that require elevation to a trained nutritionist
- Build modular meal plans for the company’s upcoming premium customized meals service
- Perform detailed breakdown of recipe/meal nutritionals for various projects as needed
- Build company’s nutrition guide to reflect our unique metabolism-first perspective
- Go through our in-depth, clinical-grade training on our unique metabolism-first framework
What Are the Requirements?
- Advanced degree or certification including CCN, CNS, BCHN, NMD or DC
- 5-7 years of direct client / patient work with a deep understanding of what drives results
- 3-5 years of recipe development with a knack for nailing a delicious taste and therapeutic impact
- Someone who “gets it” – that food IS medicine and who personally walks the walk
- The ability to creatively generate meal plans based on specs for calories, macros and micros
- A keen eye for food styling to ensure finished meals look scrumptious on camera / in photos
- An open mind to learning with no bias towards any one protocol or philosophy
- Results-driven mentality who relentlessly tries new things until the desired result is achieved
- Ideally hands-on exposure to functional medicine and integrative nutrition in a clinical setting
- Strong project manager with a knack for getting things done on time and on budget
- Someone who gets excited about optimizing processes, workflows and routines
- You love to obsess over the details and have an incredible drive towards excellence
- An unquenchable thirst for self-improvement and constantly next-leveling yourself
- Relentlessly optimizes your daily routine, your job, your team and working relationships
- Excellent storyteller who can find the drama in food and recipes to make things interesting
- Extremely comfortable with Excel, Word and PowerPoint and ability to articulate ideas clearly
What You'll Enjoy from Us:
- A very supportive team and culture of other high-performers who like to get things done, hold themselves accountable and help each other out wherever possible.
- A culture that supports and nurtures your need to learn, grow and challenge yourself to be the best you possibly can be.
- A fantastic lifestyle that allows you to work from home and a lot of flexibility in choosing how you work with us