Sierra Nevada Brewing CompanyApply for Job
The Warehouse Manager will have a strategic role in the planning and coordinating of all inventory and shipments, general management issues, which will include the day-to-day supervision of staff, and overseeing work organized by Warehouse Supervisors. The Warehouse Manager will play a vital role in implementing plans or goals for the department. This position will be hands-on in the everyday duties of the warehouse.
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and assists distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by adhering to GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacements
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions, and setting KPI targets
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s or greater degree in Business Administration or related field required
- Or any combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved
- 3 years of supervisory or management experience required
- 5 years of relevant experience in a warehouse environment or equivalent required
- Experience providing forklift certification training preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Competent with the Microsoft Office suite of programs (i.e. Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Knowledge of manufacturing practices and processes
- Thorough understanding of inventory control and cycle counts
- Working knowledge of Warehouse Management systems
- Proven leadership abilities with track record of team mentorship, development, and empowerment
- Must have strong problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to develop multiple solutions for an issue and make valid recommendations for resolution
- Ability to be proactive in seeking improvement opportunities and determination to drive resolution to completion
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to manage and train staff including; organizing, prioritizing, scheduling daily work and projects and promoting professional development
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather); extreme heat (non-weather) and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet but may occasionally be moderate or require hearing protection.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to lift 35 pounds without assistance and maneuver up to 168 pounds safely and with proper body mechanics. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Occasional travel (less than 10%) required, primarily to conferences, suppliers, and between Sierra Nevada breweries
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment background check
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer