R&D Quality Manager
Skinny DippedApply for this Job
Research & Development
- The Quality Manager will have an overriding responsibility for the company’s Research and Development efforts. The Research and Development team will be guided in part by Marketing Innovation. This may entail travel to testing facilities in the United States, or possibly other countries.
- This role will contribute back meaningful advice for formulation and risk assessment of new products and proposed claims of those new products.
- As Innovation concepts and ideas are brought forward, the Quality Manager will play a lead role in validation of product/packaging claims, researching and recommending options.
- Develop plans and manage R&D projects. Work cross functionally with Innovation Team, Marketing and Operations to ensure all stakeholders milestones are being recognized and incorporated into a plan.
- This role will help ensure the financial success of projects by understanding costs associated with the project’s raw material costs, co-manufacturing costs, packaging costs, etc. and will track these in a preliminary bill of material.
- Lab or test site coordination and documentation for all R&D works in progress with revision control.
- The Quality Manager is charged with maintaining a catalog of suppliers and ingredients for past, present and future R&D products.
- Lead for scheduling R&D team testing dates and initiate sample ingredients orders to be delivered to labs or other sites.
- Follows proper procedures for purchasing necessary raw materials, arranging transport and ensuring proper inventory tracking is in place as it pertains to R&D projects.
- Responsible for sourcing ingredients for product innovation and R&D
- Audit co-manufacturer KPIs and reporting of those KPIs in a regular and scheduled manner.
- Organization of quality documentation including information needed by Sales Team for distributor and retail customers. Compile a library of data on company SharePoint site that can be accessed by approved personnel.
- Assist with Sales Team inquiries as directed.
- Creation and updating of all company specification sheets for co-manufacturers. Inclusive of packaging SKUs, LOT # print placement, package appearance, tear notch, pallet configuration, etc.
- Participate in co-manufacturing vetting and control documentation. Detailed process flow with regards to our standards and tolerances with PASS/FAIL criteria and outcomes.
- Understand ERP to be able to navigate and deliver meaningful reporting. ERP should be used for LOT trace, management of quality holds and dispositions.
- Schedule and lead meetings required to maintain adherence to stated procedures and policies dealing with food safety and quality. This would include but not be limited to company recall plan, customer complaint review,
- The Quality Manager is connected and responsible for communicating newly adopted regulations that could or will impact our current or innovation product line(s).
- Understand and lead all nutrition fact panel and ingredient statement creation and revision.
Education and Experience
- BA/BS required, MBA a plus
- Food Science degree
- Experience working for large CPG brand as well as challenger brand
- Ability to work independently with accountability of time
- HAACP certified
- BRC/SQF Practitioner or equivalent
- Strong PC skills including MS Office
- Experience working cross functionally
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand manufacturing data
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Excellent Benefits Package
- Equity Opportunity
We craft ethical food that makes you and your body happy. We believe everyone deserves to eat the kind of nutritious, clean, delicious food we’re fortunate enough to share with our own families and friends. We work to raise up and support women and the children they care for in both our local communities and around the globe because no child should go without food or an education.
Learn more: www.skinnydipped.com