Accounts Payable Staff Accountant
Yasso Frozen Greek YogurtApply for this Job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the Controller, the Accounts Payable Staff Accountant will be responsible for:
- Processing and paying vendor invoices, ensuring proper approvals and coding are obtained.
- Scheduling and preparing payment disbursements; obtaining authorization of payment.
- Processing and paying expense reports, ensuring proper approvals and coding and compliance with company policy.
- Maintaining customer and vendor records, including obtaining W-9s from new vendors and updating records with tax status and tax ID and prepares and remits annual 1099's.
- Tracking sales/use tax liabilities and payments and assisting Controller with sales and use tax filings.
- Preparing financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Verifying accounts by reconciling statements and transactions.
- Reconciling bank accounts, credit card accounts, posting journal entries and bank transfers.
- Assisting with external audits, including responding to inquiries.
- Helping to establish and maintain financial policies and procedures.
- Continuously improving systems and processes within the accounting department to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- Degree in Accounting and/or 3-5 years of Accounts Payable experience.
- Working knowledge of accounting software. QuickBooks and MS Office experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of travel and expense management software such as Concur, Expensify, etc.
- Working knowledge of sales and use tax.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
- Ingrained desire to improve processes and controls.
- Internal and external customer service mindset.