Mast Landing Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
Title: Packaging Manager
Reports to: Head Brewer
Start Date: Immediate
Mast Landing is looking to add a passionate and dedicated Packaging Manager to assist in the growth of our expanding brewery. We have a small, tight-knit staff who all desire to make the best beer possible. The ideal candidate will possess an uncompromising attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and hold themselves to the highest possible standards. Mast Landing offers a fast paced working environment with ample opportunity for growth for the right candidate.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversight of packagers, and day to day operations of the department
- Assures that all beer is packaged efficiently while meeting yield and quality standards
- Accurate data entry of brite tank volumes, DO readings, kegs filled, cases packaged, etc.
- Record losses
- Strive to reduce loss as much as possible
- Ensure cleanliness of canning line, labeler, depalletizer, and other packaging equipment and areas
- Packaging setup/breakdown SOP development and implementation
- Accurately document issues with packaging equipment as they occur
- Timely and accurate maintenance requests sent to Facilities Maintenance Department
- Maintain accurate and detailed log of packaging equipment issues in "Maintenance Records & Issues" folder on shared drive
- Work with Facilities Maintenance to maintain highest integrity of seaming heads, sensors, and other packaging equipment
- Perform basic maintenance of packaging equipment including, but not limited to, lubrication of moving parts, lid dispenser, filling heads, seamer adjustments, etc.
- Maintain accurate and detailed log of spare packaging equipment parts
- Assure cleanliness and structural integrity of all kegs filled
- Inventory management of packaging materials including, but not limited to, cans, lids, paktek, wave grip, case flats, keg collars, keg caps, dirty kegs, clean kegs, etc.
- Management of Packaging Assistants, Line Operators, etc. to ensure they are meeting quality and performance standards
- Record and maintain accurate log of canning line downtime in Packaging Log
- Provide accurate weekly inventory updates of all packaged products and supplies
- Ordering of packaging materials including cans, lids, case flats, pakteks, wave grips, labels, etc.
- Performing all other duties as assigned
- Associated Degree, or equivalent work experience
- 2-5 years' experience in a similar or related field required
- Strong PC literacy - proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, Square, Google Suite, etc.
- Experience in the craft beer industry
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively employees and the general public
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to multi-task, think on your feet, adapt and remain flexible is key
- Strict attention to detail
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to adhere to Mast Landing Brewing Company's safety and quality procedures
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Fork-lift certification desired, but not required. Will train the right candidate
- Abililty to lift 55 lbs+ multiple times on a daily basis with or without assistance
- Ability to remain standing for 8-10 hours
- Ability to work in extreme environments in hot, cold, and wet conditions
- Ability to work in tight areas while twisting, bending, pulling and pushing
- Ability to frequently climb ladders and stairs safely on a daily basis
- Paid time off
- Company sponsored retirement plan
- 100% company paid health insurance (individual, family, domestic partner)
- Dental insurance
- Paid parental leave
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter in a SINGLE PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Packaging Manager Application: LAST NAME, FIRST NAME." **APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED OUTSIDE OF THIS FORMAT WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION.
Mast Landing Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religious affiliation, age, secual orientation, national origin, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.