Better BoochApply for this Job
The Assistant Brewer is responsible for the duties involved with the brew house. The quality of our products are greatly affected by the cellar and brewing processes. Ensuring quality must be the primary focus of this position to ensure the quality and integrity of our products.
This position is responsible for cleaning and sanitizing fermentation and conditioning tanks, as well as transferring kombucha from tank to tank, ensuring the kombucha is transferred slowly and in an aseptic manner. You would also clean and sanitize product lines and other equipment as well as the general working environment in the brew house.
Other duties include, but not limited to cleaning the floors, outsides of tanks, miscellaneous parts, floor drains and filtration equipment. You will also be involved in a variety of tasks, such as inspecting raw materials (fruit, herbs, and produce), washing and prepping the material for our brewing process, operating a commercial food processor, cleaning production equipment and helping create a delicious, healthy product for consumers around the country!
As part of the brewing team, you should expect to work a minimum of 40 hours per week, up to 8 hours per day depending on the production schedule with the start time at 3:00 PM to 11:30 PM. Overtime may be performed as needed if management allows. This is an hourly, atwill employee supervised by the Head Brewer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Come in prepared to work. Understand the day's objective by communicating with the head brewer.
- Proper personal protective equipment is required to be worn during the entire shift.
- CIP transfer lines and transfer any kombucha that are scheduled and ready to the appropriate conditioning tank.
- Clean all tanks that are empty, dirty, and need to be cleaned.
- Complete fermentation checks.
- Communicate with the brewing team throughout the day to keep the day organized, running on time, and able to maintain a good workflow.
- Primary focus should be to safely make kombucha and provide a safe working environment which
allows us to work cleanly and produce great kombucha in an environment with minimal stress.
- Assist in the cleaning of the cellar areas and the washing of equipment, floors and tools to comply with company and government sanitation standards.
- Follow all SOPs and safety protocols.
- Make observations of efficiencies and inefficiencies.
- Make recommendations for equipment and processes with formal reports or through slack app.
- Contribute to improvements and processes required to gain efficiency and quality assurance in the cellar department.
- Complete special projects assigned by Head brewer.
- Remain calm, flexible, and able to work through setbacks and emergencies.
- Experienced in simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities in a hectic and fast paced work environment.
- Frequent problem solving.
- Consistently lift and carry 50 pounds to chest height.
- Frequent bending, stooping, pushing, lifting, kneeling and reaching.
- Must be able to stand for the entire shift, up to eight hours.
- Work with hot, cold and hazardous equipment and materials.
- Frequent washing of hands