Eastern Regional Territory Rep
Bright People Foods (Mike's Mighty Good & Dr. McDoApply for this Job
We are looking for a high energy, productive, and dynamic Territory Sales Rep to help us sell the hottest products in the Natural Foods industry for our brands including Mike’s Mighty Good Craft Ramen®, Dr. McDougall’s Right Foods® and future brands. This person will be responsible for working with our broker team to drive top line revenue, new customer acquisition and field execution in their respective region for one of the fastest growing product segments in consume packaged goods space. The Territory Sales Rep will manage key retail and food service accounts and maintain/ build our broker relationships to evangelize and expand our brands in the marketplace. This position will also represent our brands at trade shows, festivals, and demo opportunities and manage events as needed. This position reports to the VP and National Sales & Marketing Manager, can be based in any city located in the NY/ NJ/ Philadelphia, and DC region and will cover a multi-state territory.
This position’s key areas of responsibility and accountability are as follows:
- Identify and target key accounts for market penetration developing a strategic approach and driving urgency behind implementation plan.
- Establish and build strong relationships with key retailers across sales channels throughout your region
- Grow existing business, and gain new distribution in strategic accounts
- Drive velocity by implementing effective retail promotion strategies, including post-promotion analysis and ROI measurement.
- Build relationships and maintain recurring meetings and ride-alongs with key broker and distributor sales reps
- Plan and execute regional trade shows, festivals, and demo opportunities as needed
- Exceed monthly sales goals and achieving quarterly Key Performance Metrics
- Provide primary sales management to a team of brokers and field-based brand advocates
- Make sure brands’ promotions are submitted and confirmed
- Optimize shelf position and retail pricing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Travel throughout the territory and visit customers on a recurring basis.
- Ensure ideal placement and appropriate retail pricing / merchandising etc.
- Report on all activity using Zendesk Sell, GoSpotCheckand/ or other sales tracking tools as needed by company
- Maintain and expand existing distribution and volume sales.
- Identify and close new business opportunities for the brand.
- Develop and manage territory forecast and trade plan.
- Develop specific objectives, quotas and incentives for key retailers/ distributors/ and brokers.
- Monitor and report competitive activity
- Conduct monthly and quarterly reviews of sales activity effectiveness, identifying sales and distribution gaps and reacting to them rapidly.
- Conduct, organize, and coordinate demos and demo reps as needed
- Educate customers and staff
- Maintain accurate records regarding distributor profiles, retail and on-premise distribution, and competitive activity and pricing.
- Focus on selling to the "right" accounts i.e. Key Accounts
- Ensure distributors and other staff are adhering to the brand story
- Coordinate efforts with the marketing department
- Coordinate, execute, and run post-event analysis for team on events, festivals, and demo opportunities that come up.
- Every other month travel to Headquarters office in California for meetings with HQ team
- 3-10 years of achievement in regional sales, preferably in start-up or CPG industry with Key Account Management experience
- Successful track record of driving sales within a high-growth environment that meets or exceeds sales targets on a year-over-year basis.
- Experienced with Diverse Distributor Models with a keen understanding of pricing architecture and promotion programs
- Experience selling in diverse sales channels / environments
- Natural and Specialty Grocery Chains & Independents
- Conventional Grocery Chains
- Food Service
- Financial, analytical, mathematical problem-solving skills. Looking for someone who goes to the data to find answers to business challenges.
- Experience developing trade plans and deals to effectively manage the trade budget.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Experience using and on-boarding sales teams on CRM technology.
- 4-year B.S. or B.A. degree required.
- Relentlessly focused on creating a high-level strategy and execution of plan.
- Collaborative, open, flexible.
- Thrives in a “do-what-it-takes” start-up environment.
- Entrepreneurial spirit; “owns” accountabilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization and attention to detail, with the ability to effectively implement process.
- You are relentlessly driven, self-motivated and goal-orientated
- You have an innate curiosity and your natural tendency is to act upon it
- You have great listening and problem-solving skills with a dose of humility
- You are a student of selling who finds personal satisfaction and joy in closing and building a business
- You celebrate your success, and the successes of your team even more
- You have industry knowledge, contacts and experience working with external sales broker teams
- You are passionate about Food
- You enjoy people and have excellent written and oral communication
- You are willing to travel up to 75% (including nights and weekends)