Business Development Manager - Dallas, Los Angeles, Miami
Barfresh Food GroupApply for this Job
A growing consumer products brand based in Southern California is searching for a Business Development Manager in the Dallas, Los Angeles, and Miami markets. The work environment is fast-paced and collaborative, so the ideal candidate should be energetic, hard-working, and team-oriented with a natural, consultative sales style.
- Drive sales and profits by developing new business and growing existing customer accounts through strong relationship development with decision-makers.
- Manage new business development from start to finish, including lead generation, sales presentations, product demonstrations, contract negotiation, and account set-up.
- Generate additional sales to existing customers through understanding their objectives and develop solutions; act as a strategic partner to meet customer needs and company sales goals.
- Deliver excellent customer service daily; follow-up on customer requests in a timely manner. Over-deliver on both internal and external customer expectations whenever possible. Connect customers to the correct resources to solve issues.
- Research industry prospect lists to determine customer needs and volume potential.
- Work with brokers, distributors, and consumer goods partners to maximize sales.
- Conduct weekly strategic business reviews, analyzing budget, account retention and risk.
- Create "out-of-the-box" solutions for unique customer requests; develop a creative and entrepreneurial reputation as you build the brand within the region.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Two years of successful business development experience with a stellar track record of calling on accounts and closing deals.
- Prior experience selling to foodservice contacts, including those in education, military, and restaurants is a plus!
- Must be a well-organized professional who can manage multiple priorities easily and can work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong presentation skills.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office and CRM software.
- Ability to work variable hours, including evenings and weekends, and to travel extensively (minimum 50%).
- College Degree or equivalent experience in the field.
The base salary is $45-55K annually, depending on experience, with the ability to earn more through performance-based bonuses plus a benefits package.