Portfolio Manager Assistant
Wine WarehouseApply for Job
Wine Warehouse is a multi-generational, family owned and operated, wholesale distributor of fine wine, beer and spirits for California seeking a Portfolio Manager Assistant for our Beer Department in our corporate office located in:
Under the direction of the Director of Marketing and Operations effectively works to produce effective sales tools to educate and promote products within the company’s portfolio. Assists in preparation and control of records and reports regarding pricing and program data. Responsible to maintain brand and item set up, costing, pricing and programming for Portfolio Managers within the company’s guidelines. Serves as administrative and communication liaison for department with supplier, sales, purchasing, vendors, and accounting. May assist in compiling various statistical information and incentive tracking.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned or requested:
- Set pricing for new and ongoing products and continually review item status for necessary changes. Item status changes include price, price book, termination of code, or change to closeout listing. Assist in price posting with the state of California
- Maintain pricing worksheets and analyze profit in accordance with company objectives.
- Create sales flyers that include brand attributes, product accolades, and SRP calculations.
- Examines purchase orders for discrepancies, accurate costs, and/or any other errors or omissions.
- Monitors and maintains pricing database.
- Track and maintain focus period goals and incentive trackers.
- Partners with Purchasing and Sales to prevent out of stocks and weeks on hand.
- Assist in preparing sales reports monthly and for supplier meetings.
- Assists in validating graphic materials for accuracy and compliance prior to distribution.
- Conduct category and supplier analysis to highlight sales gaps and opportunities. Apply methods of sales analysis for use in developing pricing strategy by channel. Proficiency with specific transactions in SAP and Driver are required, and will be used when integrating the overall pricing strategy.
- Maintain supplier goal interface and reporting for assigned suppliers.
- Must be able to interpret and implement significant details from reports on issues like trends and spending.
- Interfaces with assigned suppliers and sales personnel to resolve pricing questions and inquiries.
- Completes special departmental projects on various issues as needed.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in retail/distribution environment
- Excellent computer skills: proficient in Google Suite and Excel (Advanced)
- SAP/DIVER experience preferred
- Superb command of written and spoken English.
- Beer / Cider knowledge preferred
- Strong team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work on group projects with multiple managers and staff.
- Excellent telephone etiquette and customer service oriented.
- Must be multi-tasked oriented, able to prioritize workload, and comprehend and apply pricing and programming applications
- Strong mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Accuracy in all assigned work a must
Must be able to walk, bend, reach, and lift, if necessary (average 25 pounds). The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. This is a high energy, multifaceted position requiring personal initiative and flexibility.