Precarious Beer ProjectApply for this Job
Who is Precarious Beer Project?
The Precarious Beer Project/Electric Circus Taco Bar is a modern company, focused on quality and innovation, and effing ish up! Whether it be trying radical new processes, celebrating local produce in our culinary-inspired beers, attempting perfection through more traditional styles, or our chef driven cuisine. We are always challenging ourselves and pushing for creating amazing moments, flavors, textures and stories through beer and food. We enjoy challenging the status quo and doing the unexpected. And making really, really bad jokes… We’re good at that too!
The Brewpub Manager is responsible for the overall front-of-house operation and reports directly to the General Manager to lead, motivate, and coach a team of shift leads, beertenders, cashiers, and dining room attendants. The ideal candidate is committed to excellent customer service, is detail-oriented, exercises good judgment, able to work independently, and above all has strong leadership skills that set the tone for the team.
Our culture is what makes us unique and holding our team to the highest standards of service, cleanliness, and knowledge is paramount. This individual should strive to craft a team that is loyal to our brand, and does what is right, because it is right, not because we say so. Delivering an uncompromised beverage and food experience is a core non-negotiable for our service teams, and it is our Brewpub Manager’s role to help ensure this happens every day. This role will also provide support to management in terms of scheduling FOH staff, creating sales and customer service goals, ordering supplies and merchandise, and contributing to social media amongst other responsibilities.
Duties (including but not limited to):
Devise and post a schedule in a timely manner that abides by the following criteria:
- A shift lead is present in the Tasting Room during all operating hours.
- Beertenders and Cashiers are properly staffed for exceptional service.
- Beer releases, holidays, and all other special events are noted and accounted for. Awareness of internal and external events and their volume patterns is imperative.
- Breaks can be taken within the legally mandated time frame.
- Assist in defining and developing a culture for the team and creating an experience beyond a monetary transaction.
- Enforce company policies and procedures while periodically reassessing and implementing necessary improvements. Create SOP’s for new and significant recurring activities.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary environment by complying with all safety, legal, and health regulations.
- Responsible for having a general understanding of draft maintenance and troubleshooting. Create and implement draft line cleaning schedule.
- Actively engage in the guests overall experience and proactively seek to improve upon anything below our standards.
- Ensure accurate accounting of all cash drawers and cash drops. Responsible for training employees in related procedures and developing a standard of accountability and accuracy.
- Manage supplies and inventory, ordering when needed to guarantee appropriate stock levels.
- Enforce policies to ensure that discounts and loyalty programs are maintained at an agreed-upon level.
- Actively pursue the enhancement of beer knowledge off all staff. Execute routine educational trainings.
- Encourage a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner conducive to developing and sustaining positive relationships with customers, co-workers, kitchen staff, management and the brewery team.
- Provide constructive feedback to staff and generate plans of action for achieving improvement goals. Monitor and confirm goals are met within a reasonable amount of time.
- Professional representation of the Precarious Beer Project/Electric Circus, including customer interactions, media relations, brewery tours, industry events, and community involvement.
- Create and post content to all company social media outlets regularly.
- Help create and facilitate events in the Brewpub.
- Other duties that may be assigned as the business evolves.
- 2+ Years of management experience in a fast paced, high volume, and quality driven, brewery, brewpub or bar setting.
- Passionate about all things beer, brewing, and the Craft Beer industry.
- Highly proficient in all areas of a brewpub operation, including but not limited to; beertending, serving, food expoditing, and working the Point of Sale systems.
- Crazy excited about Tacos. Period. Need we say more?
- Highly engaged in the guest experience, and organically enjoys meeting and talking with tasting room patrons.
- An obsessive dedication to cleaning and sanitation practices, and an appropriate understanding of the chemicals and methods used in these processes.
- Passion, creativity, teamwork, communication skills, professionalism, mechanical aptitude, and the ability to meet the physical demands of the tasting room environment.
- Highly proficient at the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and scheduling platforms.
- Illustrator or Graphic Design experience a plus.
- Virginia ABC (MART) and TIPS Certified.
- Cicerone Certified Beer Server certification and/or similar training course to possess advanced knowledge of beer and the beer making process.
- Event planning experience a plus.
Must be 21 years or older with a valid U.S. driver’s license and the legal ability to work in the United States.