Ghost Train BrewingApply for this Job
GHOST TRAIN BREWING COMPANY
Position: Shift Brewer
Location: Birmingham, AL
Reports to: Production Manager
Pay: Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
Basic Job Description: Maintain and execute all functions according to policy and procedure, safety requirements, and best practice. Tasks include but are not limited to all aspects of raw materials handling, milling of grain, wort production, fermentation monitoring, yeast handling and pitching, clarification, transfers, finished beer monitoring, equipment CIP and general sanitation.
Job Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
• With maximum attention to detail and accuracy, execute the necessary production duties including, but not limited to, milling, mashing, wort production, knocking out, grain out, fermentation management, finishing, and bright beer handling;
• Ensure that all beer is produced to standards and specification by following recipes and procedures as set by Production Manager;
• Conduct yeast management to standards including harvesting, pitching from brinks and cone to cone, and exhibit detailed and accurate record keeping;
• Create and dutifully follow SOPs;
• Maintain a safe and clean work environment and dutifully follow best practice and safety requirements;
• Complete and maintain brewing, cellaring, clarification and other related documentation in an organized and thorough manner;
• Enter and maintain accurate and up-to-date brewing information on Ekos software program;
• Attend brewery staff meetings as required;
• Clean, CIP and sanitize brewhouse, cellaring vessels, equipment and work areas to ensure consistent beer quality;
• Maintain healthy communication with other departments (QA/QC, Lab, Packaging, Sales, Marketing and Tasting Room);
• Possess a well-rounded knowledge of brewing and beer styles as well as a passionate knowledge of beer;
• Willingness to participate in festivals and promotional events as needed while representing the company and the brand in a professional manner;
• Manage beer and equipment for local accounts as needed;
• Perform all job functions within the structure described in the Employee handbook and observe all policies and procedures at Ghost Train Brewing Company.
• College Degree. Formal brewing education is a plus;
• Ability to work and effectively communicate with staff, management and ownership;
• Organized and detail oriented; exhibit highly accurate record keeping skills;
• Basic troubleshooting skills in a brewing/manufacturing setting;
• Read, write and calculate basic algebra.
• At least 2 years of professional brewing experience;
• Proven ability to communicate and contribute to a successful team;
• Extensive experience and understanding of the brewing process from grain to glass;
• Experience with mash filter system is a plus, but not required.
• High level of attention to detail;
• Positive attitude and operation with a sense of urgency;
• Excellent time management skills;
• A flexible schedule with the ability to work any shift, including nights and weekends;
• Math skills (calculate basic algebra), reading, writing, verbal communication, and reasoning skills;
• Ability to safely operate forklifts, scissor lifts, box trucks, and other equipment as needed.
• Regularly lift 55 lbs. from ground to shoulder high;
• Regularly lift 110 lbs. from ground to waist high and moving 165 lbs. along the floor;
• Regularly climb stairs, ramps, and ladders;
• Work in small and confined spaces;
• Exhibit ability to safely and cautiously use acids, caustic sanitizers as well as other highly dangerous and hazardous chemicals through use of personal protective equipment and reasonable safety accommodations;
• Work in loud environment and exhibit basic safety accommodations.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty and undertake physical demands satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals are not entitled to an accommodation of their choosing, and unreasonable accommodations, or accommodations that constitute an undue burden, will be denied.
• BCBS Health insurance (premiums paid 100% by company);
• Available BCBS Dental Insurance;
• Monthly beer card;
• Generous Personal Time Off (PTO) policy;
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to GTshiftbrewer@gmail.com
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties.
Ghost Train Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.