Production Manager - NYC
Torch & Crown Brewing CompanyApply for Job
Please apply via our jobs portal with this link.
Torch & Crown Brewing Company is looking for a Production Manager to oversee our growing team and production operations at our Bronx production facility (30 bbl brewhouse and 15,000+ bbl capacity), and our Soho brewery and restaurant (10 bbl brewhouse, 3,500 bbl capacity – expected to open January 1, 2020).
At Torch & Crown, we aim high and move quickly. We’re quickly growing our Bronx production space to be one of the largest in the City. We’re also taking on the hugely ambitious project of building the ONLY production brewery in Manhattan, while pursuing entirely unique sales channels. We need someone to help us manage our production operations across inventory procurement, process management, scheduling, brewing, cellaring, packaging, and warehousing – basically, to do it all.
As Production Manager, you’ll report directly to our COO. In your normal responsibilities, you’ll be called upon to:
- Manage day-to-day production operations and scheduling for all brewing, cellaring, and packaging operations alongside our COO
- Handle daily production team scheduling across both brewery locations
- Prepare reports around production goals, budgets and profitability, and KPIs
- Implement comprehensive brewing SOPs and reporting protocols, updating procedures and identifying areas of weakness as needed
- Oversee our production Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software including scheduling, inventorying, and data entry
- Manage the professional growth and development of our production team including semi-annual performance reviews and regular training around SOPs/protocols
- Manage warehousing team, including inventory procurement and organization, shipping/receiving administration, and administration of inventory control and periodic counting for all finished goods, beer in process, and raw materials
- Oversee interfacility supply chain for inventory management in coordination with Operations Manager
- Oversee QA/QC program including devising and implementing a comprehensive sensory analysis program for all staff and comprehensive quality reporting
- Facilitate consistent communication with sales, marketing, and operations teams to establish and execute internal production planning and packaging timelines
- Manage internal preventative maintenance program for all equipment in facility, including preventative maintenance contracts performed by third-party vendors
- Oversee company initiatives related to processes and equipment improvements, including in depth project management around all infrastructure improvements
- Identify, and help create ROI analysis to support, capital expenditures or process improvement opportunities to position us for future growth or efficiency
- Ambitious competitive, and high-energy. Brewing in New York City is hard work, and expanding at our rate doubly so. We need someone who’s excited by that challenge and will thrive under that pressure alongside our team.
- Someone who can rise to any task. We’re growing rapidly, and we haven’t had a “normal” day yet. With that comes growing pains, and we need to continue to implement the right mix of process design and reporting to make us more efficient as we move upwards.
- A person who wants to have influence. We don’t do things “because that’s how they’ve always been done,” and have no patience for bureaucracy. We move quickly on new ideas and need them to come from everyone on our team.
- Someone who geeks out on operations and process improvements. You value quality and efficiency above all and are willing to devote the appropriate care and attention to every step of the process.
- 5+ years of Management experience in a production brewing environment and experience scaling up a brewery to 15,000-30,000 bbl annual production
- Demonstrable success as a project manager implementing new or improved equipment processes while maintaining budgets and timelines
- Unparalleled organizational skills and strict attention to detail
- Outstanding analytical abilities and the aptitude to think quickly on your feet to creatively solve problems
- Extensive knowledge of occupational hazards and necessary safety precautions associated with brewery work and a desire to ensure adherence to safety programs at all times
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, skills in leading and motivating a large and diverse team, and a desire to represent our brand at events, festivals, and educational series.
- NO ego and a team-first attitude, including a collaborative approach to working within production team and across departments and locations
- Mastery of the brewing process on a wide range of brewing equipment/systems, and of proper CIP and QA/QC protocols
- Experience with brewery management software and Microsoft Office (Ekos, Excel, Word, Obeer, BrewPlanner)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Production, Operations or Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or related field (Master’s Degree preferred) -OR- exceptional equivalent professional experience.
- TOP pay. (Not “competitive,” and not “above average.”) We believe our people are our single greatest asset, and we compensate accordingly through base salary and annual bonus (both cash and equity, based on performance).
- Upward mobility. We’re a small company now, but as we grow through our two locations and multiple business segments, we’ll need people to arise to greater management roles from within.
- An ideal learning environment. The amount of exposure to different styles and systems, as well as business processes, you’ll gain at Torch & Crown is truly unique. Whether you want to grow into a c-level role with us or build the skillset to one day move towards opening your own brewery, we will give you the tools to get there.
- A tightly knit team, and a culture built around everyone’s success. We work hard towards our common goals, and we’re consciously building a team who wants to have each other’s back.
- Complete transparency. We’ll communicate precisely our vision and how we’re executing it. We don’t expect you to blindly follow orders, and we’ll never ask anything of you without communicating the “why” behind it.
- Benefits include: ability to earn ownership in our company; healthcare/dental/vision coverage; 401(k); open personal time off (PTO) policy, including vacation and sick days; maternity and paternity leave.
To apply, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States and able to perform all tasks consistent with this role. Torch & Crown Brewing Co. is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply via our jobs portal with this link.
[Link address: https://torch-crown-brewery-inc.breezy.hr/p/e0724de53d09-production-manager-15-000-bbl ]