California Olive RanchApply for this Job
We are looking for a talented, ambitious, creative graphic designer to join our marketing team. You will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, fun environment with plenty of exciting projects across the company.
Graphic Designer will play an important role in protecting the company corporate image by ensuring all visual assets are consistent across all internal/external outlets, adhering to our corporate aesthetic and brand guidelines for both California Olive Ranch and Lucini Italia.
Responsible for creating visual and printed artwork in various forms:
- Print: corporate brochure, neck hangers, label design, postcards, greeting cards, retail, foodservice and online ads, sell sheets
- Digital/social media: design eye-catching display ads, social media ads, infographics, Pinterest images, “saved story” highlight icons, Instagram story layouts, IG story “stickers”, LinkedIn-supported artwork/graphics, website design graphics and refreshing existing, create designed templates for compelling email marketing campaigns,
- Event-related: press, grower and customer event collateral (invitations, save-the-date, menus, gifts, place cards, etc.), booth artwork, showcase art, billboard design
- Corporate swag & apparel design, business cards, holiday cards, corporate stationary, envelopes, updates to corporate PPT plus brand-selects within, updates to grower-specific PPT, corporate screen savers rotating throughout year
- Develop infographics, charts, storyboards, illustrations and other visually compelling concepts
- Must be able to work in fast-paced environment with multiple, competing deadlines, while prioritizing appropriately
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas to key stakeholders for final delivery on time and in full
- Revise the work of previous designers to create a unified aesthetic for our brand materials
- Keep current on industry trends to ensure designs are always cutting edge
- Proven graphic design experience with strong portfolio; 3+ years of experience
- Expertise with design software and technologies (e.g. InDesign, Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat, HTML, Illustration, PowerPoint, Photoshop)
- Ability to collaborate with various department personnel across the company and understand user/requestor needs.
- Should possess a thorough understanding of pre-press and on-press production process
- Able to receive feedback constructively and work with teammate towards effective project completion
- Ability to read and understand company policies and procedures and implement appropriately.
- Assist in problem solving and in making this a more effective organization.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to read and write the English language.
- Manage details of multiple projects in an efficient and organized method.
- Produce work in a timely, budgeted, scheduled and profitable manner for the company.
- BA degree in graphic design, fine arts or related field of study
- Print/package/web/digital experience a must
- Experience managing vendor relations (pre-press) a plus
- CPG, food and beverage industry preferred
- Enthusiastic, can-do demeanor
- Excellent communication skills with keen eye for aesthetics and detail
- Must be dependable, reliable, adaptable and flexible; enjoys working with minimal direction yet enthusiastic team player
- Ability to work varying hours, some weekends, and varying schedules
- Valid California Driver’s License
Must possess mobility to work in a food manufacturing facility vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person, before groups and over the telephone. This is a primary food manufacturing facility classification, commonly standing in work areas. Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard, typewriter keyboard, or calculator. Positions in this classification occasionally bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push, and pull drawers open and closed to retrieve and file information. This position requires standing, sitting, walking, push, pull and reaching.
*** Please include a link to your online portfolio***