Sierra Nevada Brewing CompanyApply for Job
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for coordinating and supervising maintenance activities to minimize equipment downtime. This role is responsible for leading the maintenance technicians in restoring, repairing, rebuilding, or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, this position analyzes equipment performance and make suggestions for improvement.
SNBC Employees: Please note this is an In-Training opportunity.
- Execute reliability improvement initiatives through development of standard operating procedures and tracking key performance indicators (KPIs) and mean time between failure (MTBF) for equipment
- Coordinate with production to schedule maintenance activities, including preventative maintenance, to minimize equipment downtime and waste
- Schedule labor and assign parts required when equipment varies from original equipment engineering standards, prioritizing failures that cause downtime; ensure high quality workmanship
- Interview, hire, and train maintenance technicians
- Coach and mentor staff, including personal development through goal setting and tracking, performance management, and employee relations
- Develop a cohesive semi-autonomous team focused on safety, quality, service, cost, environmental sustainability and innovation
- Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment issues; recommend equipment changes to the Maintenance Manager; assist with installation of new equipment
- Evaluate for need, cost, and priority the overhaul of equipment; manage project so completion is on time, up to standards, and within budget allocation
- Oversee bill of materials from specification of parts and ordering to building kits for rebuild projects
- Ensures compliance to all the environmental, quality, and safety standards related to the activities of the Maintenance Department
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Mechanical or electrical trade school certification preferred
- OR any combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved
- Three (3) years industrial maintenance experience required
- Experience working in a manufacturing or production environment strongly preferred
- One (1) year supervisory experience required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to effectively problem solve complex technical issues using formal failure and root cause analyses
- Ability to perform equipment operator function on equipment to aid in diagnostics
- Competent with Microsoft Office and CMMS
- Ability to execute and manage details for multiple projects
- Ability to analyze problems, identify solutions and implement procedures for solutions
- Demonstrated electrical, mechanical and motor control ability & technical aptitude
- Working knowledge of production processes and quality control
- Ability to delegate appropriately while working autonomously on other projects
Driver Lic Required: No
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; cold temperatures (non-weather); and other associated conditions normally present in a production setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and may require hearing and protection. Other forms of company-provided personal protective equipment (PPE) may be needed to perform work including hot mitt gloves, cut resistant gloves, non-slip shoes, rain suits, face shield protection, and others as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able safely and properly lift 50 pounds without assistance, and maneuver full ½-barrel kegs weighing up to 168 pounds safely and with proper body mechanics. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is required to stand, walk, and use hands and body to move material and perform necessary job tasks. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or listen to co-workers. The employee is required to stand, walk, climb stairs/ladders, push, pull, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- This person has a flexible work schedule and must be willing and able to work weekends, holidays, early mornings and late nights
- The selected candidate will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check
- You must be at least 21-years-old to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer