Brewery Maintenance Engineer
New Realm Brewing Co.Apply for this Job
Work closely with Brewmaster, Head Brewers and brewing team to ensure reliability of all processes and equipment, design new locations, and keep all permitting up to date. Work with restaurant GMs to provide facilities support.
Manage Brewery Maintenance and Reliability functions:
- Work with Brewing Team to ensure reliable and consistent equipment operations
- Develop and execute a reliability and preventive maintenance program for each facility and specific pieces of equipment.
- Manage activities & maintain relationships with key suppliers and support vendors
- Be the primary contact and owner for boiler, chiller, water treatment, compressed air, CO2, and other utilities operations
- Develop and secure essential spare parts to ensure minimal downtime
- Seek out and suggest improvements to safety
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair and evaluate equipment efficiencies
- Assist with production tasks as needed or as opportunity arises
- Prioritize and make recommendations for and commissioning of new equipment and brewing/packaging processes
- Hire contractors: mechanics, electricians and welders as needed and manage their activities and costs
- Work with location specific general managers to complete any necessary repair work or enhancements to the restaurant, outdoor spaces and bar areas.
- Be the draft system expert and help coordinate & direct local draft repair companies when necessary
- Arrange for, and be the liaison for, all inspections except kitchen inspections (this would include fire system inspection, fire extinguishers, etc)
Support new brewery equipment installations, to include, but not limited to:
- Work with Brewmaster and Head Brewers to recommend equipment with a focus on supplier relationships, quality, technology, reliability and price.
- Help coordinate layouts with Brewmaster, Executive team, architects, suppliers, and contractors
- Secure contractors for sanitary welding, electrical, floors, etc.
- Manage contractor schedules, quality of work and safety
- Help Design, source and manage installation of utilities equipment and piping
- CO2, Boiler/Steam, Glycol chiller and piping, compressed air, wastewater treatment
- MEP/Fire/Civil Coordination:
- Help Evaluate incoming power, water, natural gas supplies and sewer loading situations for each site
- Ensure all permits are known and obtained timely
- Procure all required utilities for each site.
- Help coordinate shipping and receiving of equipment, rigging crews, cranes, etc.
- Work with brewing managers to commission the new equipment, develop SOPs, and everything required to ensure a smooth transition from project to operations
Required Skills and Experience:
- 6-10 years in the brewing industry or related food industry
- Excellent mechanical skills and experience with maintaining, repairing, and operating pumps, utilities equipment, bottle line, can line, and brewhouses
- Thorough knowledge of the brewery processes and how the design quality and the equipment quality impacts resulting beer quality-from grains handling through packaging
- Experience in restaurant design and construction is desirable.
- Experience with equipment installs and commissioning, and brewery construction
- Experience managing contractors and sub-contractors
- Excellence in communication-writing, verbal, and documentation/record-keeping
- Excellent management skills, to include
- Ensure safe working conditions and safe working practices
- Talent evaluation and staffing
- Daily and annual team evaluations
- Team development and enhancing skillsets
- Budget management
- AutoCAD Experience a Plus
Salary commensurate with experience