The BrueryApply for Job
About the Bruery:
Bruery is an award-winning craft brewery established in northern Orange
County. We craft flavor-forward, experimental, innovative beers, which
we distribute in 29 states, 5 continents, and sell directly to customers
through our two Tasting Rooms and three membership Societies. The
Bruery encompasses our sub-brand The Bruery Terreux and our hop-focused,
endorsed brand Offshoot Beer Co.
About the role:
Packaging Supervisor contributes to the packaging operations of the
brewery by leading by example, following all procedures and guidelines
and ensuring that the quality of our beer is being maintained throughout
the entire packaging process.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Packaging of beer into kegs, bottles, or cans following all standard operating procedures.
- Mastering all aspects of two packaging lines including labeling, filling, assemblage of carriers, palletizing, CIP, and maintenance.
- Training and professionally developing a strong team of production employees.
- Documentation of key quality parameters and verifying packaged beer meets specifications.
- Cleaning in place of fillers, transfer hoses, keg lines, and all applicable equipment.
- Manage keg inventory. Determine keg washing needs on a daily and weekly basis. Manage in-service vs out-of-service kegs, and repair/rebuild as time permits.
- Organize, track, and audit inventory of finished beer, and packaging supplies.
- Work with Production Manager to keep sufficient packaging goods in stock, and ordered in a timely manner.
- Process packaged beer in Orchestrated Beer (SAP).
- Focus on and promote preventative maintenance. Support maintenance department with packaging repairs/maintenance.
- Keeping the cellar and packaging areas clean and organized at all times, while holding others accountable to the same standard.
- Keep and maintain packaging records, and file on a weekly basis.
- Recognize and react to low fills and improperly filled/packaged product.
- Communicate with Production Manager, and Warehouse Manager on the status of the packaging department.
- Writing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures for packaging equipment and processes.
- Help Quality department monitor TPQ of packaged beer (dissolved oxygen, total packaged oxygen, carbon dioxide, etc.).
- Building The Bruery’s brands through promotional activities (festivals, beer dinners, etc.).
- Any and all brewery-related tasks that may require assistance.
- Skills to lead a strong packaging team at a renowned brewery that puts safety and quality first.
- Understanding of complex brewing and manufacturing procedures.
- Understanding of cleaning and sanitation requirements in the food and beverage industry, with general understanding of HACCP principles.
- Experience with complex packaging equipment, i.e. Depalletizers, sanitary rinsers, date code printers, pressure sensitive labelers, rotary fillers, etc.
- Mechanical aptitude with experience repairing complex equipment, including filler valves, butterfly valves, seamers, etc.
- Focus on behavior-based safety. Always look for ways to make The Bruery the safest production environment possible.
- Organized and accurate record keeping.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience operating packaging equipment required.
- Able to frequently lift heavy materials (up to 55 lbs) shoulder height.
- Requires working in a non-temperature controlled environment, handling of hazardous materials, and exposure to complex machinery.
- Ability to work in confined spaces and refrigerated, damp and wet environments.
- Work on a ladder periodically.
- Ability to operate a forklift, or willingness to learn.
- Work at sour production facility, and warehouse, when needed.
- OT may be required.
- Travel may be required to trade shows and beer related events.
- Must be available to work occasional Saturday and Sundays as required.
- 21 years of age, proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States.
Applications must include a cover letter and resume.
The Bruery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment background check required.
We offer competitive compensation, health, dental and vision, generous Paid Time Off (PTO), 401k and of course, free beer!