Quality Assurance Lab Lead
Lakewood Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
Lakewood Brewing Company is a fast-paced, family owned and operated brewery looking for a motivated and passionate individual to join our team. We are a growing brewery in Texas and are known for brewing consistently high-quality beers. If you want a challenging and rewarding career in the brewing industry, we want to hear from you.
QA/QC Lab Technician
The QA/QC Lab Technician will spend the majority of their time running daily lab procedures and QA/QC. This position will have a hand in all phases of the brewing process from start to finish. You will taste all beer going out the door (seriously), so the position requires a sensitive palate as well as a high level of attention to detail. You will be responsible for adhering to Lakewood’s quality assurance processes and ensuring only beer that meets our highest quality and consistency standards is released into market. At the end of the day, you will feel as though it is your beer going out the door.
- Lab sample collection and analysis
- Yeast management
- Sensory analysis
- Data entry of product quality
- Report writing of quality control and microbial analysis
- Perform internal QA audits that are compliant with Lakewood’s policies, practices and procedures
- Assist with the maintenance of QA monitoring programs, including audits, controls and other qualifiers
- Support new product development
- Investigate process challenges and problem areas and provide constructive ideas on how to resolve issues
- Proactively advises peers and senior leadership of quality risks and engages in mitigation and corrective action plans
- Promptly report incidences of quality non-conformance to appropriate supervisor
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment and laboratory
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Microbiology, Food Science, or other related science field preferred or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 1 year of QA/QC experience in food or beverage production.
- Experience with: UV/VIS spectrophotometer and portable gas measuring device is a plus.
- Proficient with aseptic technique and media preparation
- Working knowledge of GMP, sanitation and safety needs in a brewing environment
- Proven leadership capabilities.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office skills, specifically Excel.
- Must be able to solve a variety of issues ranging from easy to complex with limited input from others.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and work within tight time frames.
- Ability to make sound, independent judgement
- Knowledge to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions.
- Fast paced environment
- High sense of urgency
- High energy environment
- Passionate, creative and dedicated team
- Strong sense of camaraderie
- Beer, medical/dental/vision insurance, and other great perks!
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job: must be able to lift up to 55 lbs. and move 165 lb. kegs of beer. Must be able to stand, walk, lift and bend repeatedly throughout shift.
Sound like the job you’ve been looking for? Think you have the skills, passion, and personality to be a great fit? Send your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, to: Wim@lakewoodbrewing.com
Applications without a cover letter and salary requirements will not be considered.