Sales Director, Industrial Ingredients and Flavors
Coffee, Tea & Botanical Extraction ManufacturerApply for this Job
About this Company:
Javo Beverage, founded in 2001, Javo is an extraction company that uses a proprietary process to produce fresh, clean-labeled coffee, tea and botanical extracts for the food and beverage industry. Our Master Extractors use pure ingredients to craft products for global and emerging brands.
Position Purpose / Summary:
To support the growth effort, Javo Ingredients and Flavors is seeking a technically experienced, results driven Industrial Sales Director to increase the sales efforts of the ingredient and flavor segment. The right candidate will have experience with food and beverage applications in relation to an ingredient sales cycle. The candidate will have existing connections in manufacturing and have the ability to handle large national accounts. Ideally this person will be versed in teas and botanicals
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Experienced in the ingredient industry and have a keen ability to understand manufacturing processes
- Sell, promote and market our coffee, tea and botanical extract in liaison with internal and external stakeholders, while developing and building relationships with key customers.
- Develop deep contacts, networks and relationships to advance Javo Beverage ingredients in industrial food and beverage customers
- Oversee forecasts, contribute to competitive intelligence, and strategic market assessment
- Monitor competitive activity and develop appropriate tactics to respond
- Coordinate sales presentations and represent Javo Beverage Company in relevant associations, trade shows and conventions
- Travel extensively as needed to engage with customers face to face
- Achieve individual KPI targets for industrial customer placement
- Implement and maintain pricing actions with all customers/distributors
- Effectively manages T&E and capital expenses within budget
- Submits required sales reports accurately and on time
- Keeps senior management informed of new product launches or other initiatives that could impact sales.
- Develops and maintains a robust new business opportunity pipeline focused in ingredient and flavor segment with emphasis in tea and botanical products
- Maintains expert knowledge of all company products and can successfully display, demonstrate and train customers using product samples
- Effectively executes sales presentations and product demonstrations to close new business and deliver annual volume and profit objectives
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Organized and proficient with presentation and planning skills.
- Some knowledge of food manufacturing
- Technical training e.g. food science a plus with an emphasis in tea and botanical knowledge
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel away from home on an average of 30-40% of time.
- 10+ years of successful selling, sales management and marketing experience as well as successful development and launch of new products within the specialty ingredients markets.
- Technical background in teas and botanicals a plus.
- Relevant Scientific, BS in Food Science or Business.
- USA, preferably on the Midwest time zone.