DuClaw Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
Brewers are responsible for production, fermentation, and cellaring activities in the brewery while collaborating with their fellow Brewers, the Head Brewer, and the Director of Brewery Operations, to ensure timely production of our brands at the highest quality standards.
• Brewing our beer brands to recipe specifications.
• Quality control analysis and implementation.
• Ability to maintain a high level of sanitary and safety practices in line with OSHA and industrial food industry standards.
• Thorough knowledge of the brewing, filtration, and yeast handling processes, and the ability to operate the equipment used in each process at an expert level according to standard operating procedures.
• Minimum 1-2 years of brewing experience in a production brewery.
• Computer literacy and experience with Microsoft software programs (Word, Outlook, Excel).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and record keeping.
• Deadline and detail oriented. Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• Scheduling flexibility for first and second shift are required; with split, overnight, weekend, and holiday shift flexibility as needed.
• Analytical thinking and the ability to make situational appropriate decisions based on available facts, brewing knowledge, and experience.
• The ability to quickly troubleshoot mechanical issues or to be mechanically inclined.
• In order to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
• Ability to frequently talk, hear, taste, and smell.
• Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
• Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
EXPERIENCE IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING IS PREFERABLE, BUT NOT REQUIRED
- Quality Control/Assurance Lab work or experience.
- Brewing degree, certification, and/or schooling or degree in an associated field.
- Braukon Brewing equipment or systems.
- Experience with semi or fully automated brewing systems.
- GEA Westfalia Separators or equivalent.
All candidates must be highly motivated, self-starting, and able to work without supervision. Some weekends and holidays may be required.