Merchandising Associate - CPG
STADIUM (www.servedbystadium.com)Apply for Job
**USE LINK AT END OF DESCRIPTION BELOW TO FORMALLY APPLY - QUESTIONS IN APPLICATION ARE MANDATORY**
Here at STADIUM, we’re focused on team lunches, and client lunches.
What makes us different is that we’re the only company where groups can order meals from different restaurants and have them delivered together. Eg.. Bryan can order a burger from Shake Shack, Peter can order a salad from sweetgreen, VJ can get a vegan sandwich from by Chloe etc. and have it arrive at the same time, hassle-free. Each lunch is neatly packed and labeled with the diner’s name.
Our goal is simple; we aspire to make organizing lunch easy and provide options that everyone in the group will enjoy. But, our company is complex and full of challenges. We intersect technology, B2B sales & marketing, food, and logistics.
We started in 2014, and have been growing rapidly in New York City. We're looking for people that are results-driven, persistent, a problem solver, have a capacity to be open minded, a quick learner and self aware.
We're rapidly growing and looking to expand its merchant development team. This new hire will be working closely with a fast growing area of the business -- snacks & beverages.
Primary responsibilities will be to support Merchandising Lead & Company Cofounder to:
1) source, onboard, analyze, rotate, & move STADIUM’s stocked inventory selection of CPG goods
2) support & execute revenue-generating, CPG promotional efforts
This position is at HQ in New York City
Snack & Beverage Analysis: 40%
- Constant assessment, rotation of stocked inventory
- Performing data deep dives on snack, beverage brands that are winners and losers for STADIUM, working with Merchandising Lead to maximize winners
- Sourcing/procuring new brands that would be a fit for customer base/trending in market
New Vendor Set Up: 10%
- Onboarding paperwork for new vendors, distributors
- Credit applications
- Update & maintenance of ordering portals, credentials in system
Purchasing Goods: 20%
- Purchasing of weekly inventory: ensuring orders are accurate, received, and inputted into the system
- Resolving any delivery issues promptly and ensuring credit is given when needed
CPG Brand Promotions: 30%
- Support CPG promotional programs (DTC customer sampling/pilot tests) both via brand communication, executing in website, and liaising with operations team for distribution
- No prior experience required
- But to give you insight, we feel those with account management, business development and/or purchasing/inventory management background would have the qualities we are seeking...self-starters and ability to work independently are crucial
- Must be driven by details, process and checklists
- Interest in food CPG a plus, but more interested in small-team environment
- We care about willingness to learn, can-do attitude, and adaptability
- Presence of mind and sound judgment are also key
- Must be a great written & oral communicator, know how to multi-task/prioritize, organized, and have a sense of urgency
- No ego and no set ways of doing things...open mindedness and experimentation is key is very key to our company
- Competitive salary & on-boarding package for the right candidate
- True ground-floor opportunity at an exciting, fast-paced growing company
- Guaranteed to make an impact, and be given autonomy to contribute