Commercial Manager - Eastern Region
Draft Packaging CompanyApply for this Job
Reporting directly to the President Americas, the role will involve the ownership of states in the hugely influential Eastern of the US – focussing on the mid-Atlantic and New England. The employee will be responsible for co-developing and implementing a growth strategy within the region. The successful candidate will develop new accounts, provide customer service to allow the company to develop and secure contracts within its market place. They will also work closely with external partners, where appropriate, who will also sell and distribute to end users.
The successful candidate will be able (after suitable training) will lead the commercial activity in the North-East region. In order to do this, they will be required to prepare and present sound technical and commercial/service solutions to every level of the “three tier” brewery sector adopted in the USA and be the lead commercial person owner charged with the responsibility to grow sales volume and revenue.
This role is ideal for an ambitious person with sound technical knowledge of the brewing industry who wishes to apply their technical skills to enhance their commercial knowledge with a view to developing a commercial career in brewing and / or packaging alongside commercial leadership skills.
With other members of the commercial ‘go to market’ team’, To co-develop and implement a technical & commercial strategy to deliver agreed sales volumes and to execute on that plan. Whilst not exhaustive the key tasks will be to:
- Lead the Eastern region for all commercial activity to drive sales volume and revenue
- Develop, an active pipeline of house accounts for breweries and other industries for which the product is applicable (Cold Coffee, Kombucha, wineries etc)
- Actively action the pipeline, develop proposals/negotiate wins to hit sales targets
- Develop account plans to leverage accounts won to optimise sales volumes
- Active account management of customers and distributors (as appropriate)
- Ensure adequate training of customers, distributors and users
- Support with guidance in brewery, in supply chain and in end use position
- Intercompany liaison (sales agents / distributors / manufacturing partners)
- Reporting of the above
- Sound knowledge of the beer and beverage market
- Comfortable in selling a technical packaging product to large and small customers alike
- Track records in selling to beer / beverage markets
- Effective communicator, both internally, with customers and partners.
- No prior commercial experience is required
- Ambitious, driven commercially astute with quick concept up-take
- Interface with other members of the US sales team an emerging sales team in an advisory role
- Depending upon qualifications & experience – guide $65 – 80k p.a.
- Salary progression depending on performance
- Significant performance related bonus
- Health Care Scheme (after qualifying period).
- Public Holidays with pay.
- 10 days annual holiday (pro-rata)
- Car allowance