Brewery Shift Supervisor
Victory Brewing CompanyApply for Job
Brewery Shift Supervisor, Victory Brewing Company
Here’s your opportunity to join a growing organization that is revolutionizing the craft brewing industry. Victory Brewing Company was founded in 1996 and is owned by Artisanal Brewing Ventures, a top 10 regional craft brewer in the United States. Victory has been recognized in the industry for innovation in craft brewing, and is committed to producing the highest quality product.
What an exciting time to join the team at Victory Brewing Company! With recent announcement of our 4th location coming to downtown Philadelphia in 2020 & our Charlotte location with our friends at Southern Tier Brewing Company, Bold Rock Cider & Sixpoint Brewing, the opportunities here are limitless. Becoming a member of the VBC team means you’re joining a truly unique and progressing organization that values the employees’ enthusiasm, commitment, and desire to work with others.
We are looking for world class candidates who share in our vision towards becoming a world class organization.
The Brewery Shift Supervisor is an integral, first line management position, proficient in all operations within the brewery. The position supervises and coordinates brewing, packaging and maintenance staff, working towards production schedule execution by competently monitoring brewery operations to produce outstanding beer in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOPs). The Brewery Shift Supervisor will coach and mentor their team.
Reports to: Director of Brewing Operations
- Lead the brewery with clear priorities around safety and quality.
- Champion safety protocols in all activities, participating in improvements to safety standards where appropriate.
- Exhibit and maintain proficiency in all Brewery tasks required in a 40,000+ bbl/year brewery.
- Act as a first responder to production Brewery questions, issues and concerns.
- Provide pertinent follow up information to brewery managers, maintenance team, quality assurance team and scheduling.
- Adhere to SOPs to elevate process control and minimize variability from operator to operator. Provide edits and improvements to SOPs, as needed.
- Ensure cleanliness and sanitation of environment and equipment in accordance with QA/QC standards, implementing improvements where appropriate.
- Fill shifts as necessitated by vacations, staffing levels, necessary overtime.
- Ensure all equipment is operating safely, at maximum efficiency and maintained to the highest standards by supporting the maintenance department schedule. Submit work orders as necessary for equipment.
- Exhibit a strong sense of urgency to problem solving through practicing and perfecting root cause analysis.
- Conduct periodic one on one meetings with Operators to establish relationship and develop individual development plans.
- Provide regular feedback on performance and conduct annual reviews for operators, in concert with the department managers.
- Participate in the interview process for new associates, as well as manage departmental on-boarding and training.
- Support initiatives to ensure minimal waste during manufacturing.
- Own assigned continuous improvement effort and report progress and track improvements.
- Minimum 3 years of Brewery experience in a production brewery producing 20,000 barrels per year or greater. Equivalent related leadership experience in a related food or beverage industry will be considered
- In depth experience with automated and manual brewing, cellaring and packaging systems.
- Demonstrated ability to follow preventative maintenance plans in a production environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Display both a sense of urgency and a positive can-do attitude.
- High School Diploma or GED required; college degree in the applicable fields of Brewing Science, Food Science, Chemistry and Engineering considered a plus.
- Strong computer skills with advanced proficiency in Word, Excel & Power Point.
- Strong attention to details is required.
- Able to work rotating shifts.
Candidate should be able to lift at least 30 lbs. from ground level and should also be able to move 165 lbs. of kegged beer from one location to another. Candidate should be physically capable of standing for long periods of time and able to kneel, stoop, crouch or crawl.
Alcohol Responsibility – Employees must fully understand that they are a representative of not only Victory Brewing Company but of the alcohol beverage industry. With that said they are to conduct themselves within the limits of the law and with concern to the education of responsible consumption at all times. This includes working hours, trade shows, festivals and while entertaining in the name of Victory Brewing Company. Any poor reflection or legal matters that may arise due to poor judgment may be dealt with by means of disciplinary action or termination.
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Victory Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer