Yogi Associate Brand Manager
East West Tea CompanyApply for Job
At East West Tea Company, we believe the purpose of business is to serve. We were founded on this belief, and after 30 years, it still remains as our guiding principle: “Feel Good, Be Good, Do Good.” Today, we continue to expand and evolve our tea offerings, creating classic tea blends and sophisticated new brews, as well as specialized herbal formulas blended for both flavor and wellness
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
East West Tea Company, parent company to Yogi and Choice brands, is searching for a talented and passionate Associate Brand Manager for the Yogi brand to join our team. Reporting to the Brand Manager, the Associate Brand Manager will work closely with the brand team and cross-functional groups to execute strategies and tactics to drive growth.
Strategy and Planning:
• Support Brand Manager and Brand team in development and execution of multi-year strategic plans, integrated annual plans, priorities, objectives and budgets.
• Lead the cross-functional team in the monthly forecasting process and play a lead role in the annual forecasting process.
• Own, manage and track monthly marketing budgets. Demonstrate strong understanding of the business P&L.
• Work closely with external agency partners and cross functional teams in a support/leadership role.
• Work with Brand Team, Trade Marketing and Field Sales to plan and execute marketing and sales initiatives.
Reporting and Data Analysis:
• Complete key business analyses using syndicated and shipment data.
• Deliver consumer insights through syndicated data and market trend analysis.
• Monitoring trends, the competitive landscape and utilizing syndicated data, make recommendations for innovative new products/flavors/packaging formats.
• Lead/support the cross functional team in the commercialization process ensuring timelines and deliverables are met.
Ability to ask great questions
Process information quickly and conceptually
Ability to think quickly on your feet and come up with alternative solutions
Ability to problem solve and make decisions
Manipulate, analyze and present data from multiple sources and across various formats
Lead, motivate and inspire others
Clear and effective communication
Ability to be persuasive and negotiate
Ability to present well
Ability to take initiative, plan, and execute tasks independently
Ability to balance attention to detail and swift execution
Successfully manage competing priorities and expectations of stakeholders
Build relationships quickly and easily
Strong listening skills
Ability to collaborate effectively
• Strong analytical, creative and communication skills.
• Skill balancing analytics/softer creative side/gut instinct
• Excellent communication and presentations skills
• Confident making decisions, at times with incomplete information
• Strong ability to analyze and synthesize data to uncover insights
• Experience with syndicated data analysis a plus.
• Project management skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects and timelines
• Self-starter with skills to motivate, lead and influence others.
• Flexibility and focus to work effectively in a rapidly evolving environment.
MBA with emphasis in marketing preferred
• 3+ years of relevant work experience. Natural products environment a plus.
• Familiarity with data analytics, product and packaging development, project management and market research processes strongly preferred.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Some travel required.
• Sitting at work stations for extended periods of time
• Able to lift 20 lbs. (infrequently)
• Work is primarily done in an office setting
• Reports to Brand Manager
• Position is located in Portland, Oregon
This position qualifies for all company benefits, including annual bonuses, exceptional health, dental, vision and alternative care, life and disability insurance. Retirement benefits, paid time off and company paid gym memberships as well as options for supplemental insurance and flexible spending accounts available. East West Tea Company is an equal opportunity employer. We value and respect each persons’ individuality and unique talents. We honor diversity and inclusion and look forward to the opportunity to review your qualifications for the job. It is the strength of our people and our guiding principle that have contributed to East West Tea’s leadership and continued success in the natural tea category.