Heritage Hill BrewhouseApply for this Job
Company Overview: Heritage Hill Brewhouse is a small and growing award winning craft brewery located in the rural rolling hills of Pompey, NY just south of Syracuse. Heritage Hill has been in operation since 10/2018. Heritage Hill’s current production is roughly 400 BBLs per year, with a current capacity of 1000 BBLs. Heritage Hill is seeking an experienced Brewer, reporting to the Head Brewer.
Job Description: Responsibilities include day-to-day Brewhouse, Cellar, and Packaging operations. This position involves assisting the Head Brewer in all aspects of working in our 10 BBL brewery including wort production, fermentation, filtration/transfers, keg cleaning and packaging. As our beer is the backbone to our existence, our brewing team is tasked with ensuring that Heritage Hill’s ideals are communicated through producing top notch quality beer. Heritage Hill takes pride in the reputation and role it plays in the American Craft Brewing Industry, in the traditional & cutting edge ales & lagers that we brew, the atmosphere we create, and our loyal customers.
- Assist w/ brewing, transferring, filtering, and cellaring beer (as needed).
- Assist w/ CIP tanks, Cellar equipment and Brewhouse (as needed).
- Keg cleaning.
- Packaging in kegs (potentially cans).
- Continually lift, drag, carry and manipulate hoses, parts, pumps, buckets and reservoirs.
- Assist w/ maintaining accurate and legible brewing records.
- Sanitation of all beer contact surfaces and equipment.
- Maintaining cleanliness of the Brewhouse & Cellar.
- Draft line cleaning in Tasting Room.
- Crowler machine maintenance.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on weekends, if needed.
- Greeting, interacting with, and educating customers and staff on product/general company information.
- Constantly evolving knowledge of Heritage Hill’s ever-changing list of draft beers.
- Completing side work and cleaning projects.
- Assisting with setup, serving, and breaking down at Beer Festivals (mostly weekends).
- Assist with sales/distribution.
- Exceed customer expectations of Heritage Hill and create an emotional bond with customers that reinforces the brand position and brand strategy.
- Maintain workplace safety while upholding quality standards.
Essential Job Skills/Qualifications:
- The Brewer will need to be safety-minded, efficient, quality-focused, energetic, motivated, passionate, and have a great work ethic.
- A great personality is essential. Being outgoing, friendly, having a positive attitude and a team player is key.
- 1-2 years minimum commercial brewing experience (formal brewing education preferred). Commercial Brewing experience is a must. Serious inquiries only please.
- Possess a mechanical aptitude and strong troubleshooting skills.
- Attention to detail: holding the highest standard of quality and never cutting any corners.
- Need to be self-motivated and passionate.
- Ability to multitask and manage time while being detail oriented.
- Flexible schedule (available weekends if/when needed).
- Reliable transportation, valid unrestricted driver’s license.
- Must be able to bend over, twist, kneel, stand for the duration of a shift, lift 55 pounds and maneuver 160 pounds repeatedly.
- Requires proper handling of hazardous materials and operation of complex machinery.
- Good communication skills (spoken & written).
- Ability to work in a Team Environment: Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to follow instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Quick learner and good listener.
- Ability to be calm and flexible, while working through high-stress situations.
- Ability to work a variety of hours as business levels are affected by season.
- Having the writing and math skills necessary to accurately complete forms, write orders, draft emails, perform simple calculations, etc.
- Strong computer skills. Microsoft software (Word, Outlook, Excel). Brewery software a plus.
- Beer Festival setup, serving, and breaking down experience desired.