Cutwater SpiritsApply for this Job
Cutwater Spirits is currently hiring for a Distiller to join our growing team in the production of our award-winning spirits and ready-to-enjoy cocktails.
The Distiller is responsible for daily production including mashes, fermentations, distillations, dilutions, barreling, proofing, and the production of non-alcoholic mixers including Bloody Mary mix, and ready-to-enjoy cocktails. They are responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and overall sanitization of distilling equipment and piping. The Distiller also manages daily record keeping of production activities as required by State, Federal and other certifying agencies.
As our newest Distiller you will:
Produce high quality spirits using a variety of stills.
Produce wort and wash for distillation.
Produce non-alcoholic mixers and ready-to-enjoy cocktails.
Clean and sanitize distilling equipment.
Complete daily distilling/quality logs and documentation.
Ensure distilling and filtration quality standards are met.
Manage distilling and CIP timing to ensure shortest cycle times.
Properly use of PPE and safety protocols for distilling and cleaning.
Coordinate with QA staff on product checks.
Maintain a clean and organized distillery and food grade facility.
Proof and blend spirits to specifications.
- Ensure compliance with Food Safety Systems, Good Manufacturing Practices, and Standard Operating Procedures.
The right applicants will:
- Love to Work Hard while Having Fun.
- Be super smart and have a strong attention to detail.
- Have a flexible work schedule (including nights/weekends as necessary).
- Have a willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Be 21+ years old.
- Successfully use simple math, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Have the ability to maintain a Food Handler’s Certification.
- Be detail oriented and ability to multi-task.
- Naturally Think and Act Like an Owner.
At least two years’ prior experience in a production brewery or distillery (or beverage manufacturing plant) is required along with a working knowledge of the brewing and distilling process. A formal education in brewing or distilling is preferred.
Cutwater Spirits offers competitive pay, benefits and a fantastic work environment. If you are a smart, dedicated person that gets excited about a variety of stills, maintaining the highest standards of quality and cleanliness, and working with the best of the best, this might be the right position for you.
If you think you have what it takes to be our next Distillery Rockstar, please send your resume to: jobs@CutwaterSpirits.com.