Assistant Brewer / Cellerperson
Incendiary Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
The Assistant Brewer reports to the Head Brewer. Our brewers are involved in many aspects of the company. Regular duties will include cellar work, brewing on a 15 bbl system, packaging and cleaning. Additional duties will include festival participation, maintaining tap lines, lab work, inventory management and involvement in other aspects of the business.
Assist in the production of beers. This includes all parts of the brewing process from milling to packaging (including kegging, canning, bottling, and labeling).
Clean/Sanitize fermentation tanks.
Clean kegs, heat exchanger and fittings as well as anything else needed to maintain a sanitary brewing environment.
Maintain brew sheets, monitor fermentation, and manage inventory.
Assist in quality control and yeast management.
Evaluate and monitor beer and raw materials involved in brewing.
Be a promotional spokesperson for the Company.
Participate in beer dinners and festivals, customer relations and marketing/promotions/charitable events.
Conduct brewery tours.
Operate company trucks and forklifts to manage raw goods and finished beer inventory.
Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum two (2) years working in a professional brewery OR completion of brewing program at recognized school
- Must possess fundamental knowledge of plumbing and machinery mechanics/maintenance.
- Must possess good beer knowledge and use it constantly to improve the brewery and beer being produced.
- Ability to lift up to 150 pounds unassisted on a consistent basis.
- Ability to work more than 40 hours per week and on weekends.
- Ability to travel, occasionally overnight.
Based on experience.