Director of Operations
The Alkaline Water Company Inc.Apply for this Job
About The Alkaline Water Company Inc.
The Alkaline Water Company Inc. (NASDAQ and TSXV: WTER) is a leading producer of premium bottled alkaline drinking and flavored water sold under the brand name Alkaline88®. With its innovative, state-of-the-art proprietary electrolysis process, Alkaline88® delivers perfect 8.8 pH balanced alkaline drinking water with trace minerals and electrolytes. The Company recently announced a broad line of CBD infused products which include ingestibles and topical products. For its ingestibles line, the A88™ Infused Beverage Division Inc. produces CBD infused drinks, beverage shots, tinctures, capsules, and powder packs. For its topicals line, A88™ Infused Products Inc. produces salves, balms, lotions, essential oils, and bath-salt all made with lab-tested full-spectrum hemp. The Alkaline Water Company Inc. is currently pursuing a national multi-channel, mass-market expansion strategy with a direct-to-warehouse model and co-packaging facilities that are strategically located 600 miles within 95% of the U.S. population.
Position: Director of Operations
As a fast growing public company (50%+YOY), the Director of Operations is a critical position to The Alkaline Water Company. The ideal candidate will be a “Doer” that is willing to dive head first into the position and produce results. This individual will take the hands-on role of implementing strategic initiatives and improving operating efficiencies.
The Director of Operations will successfully provide the day to day management and leadership necessary to ensure that the Alkaline Water Company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to continue to grow and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
In the intersection between Finance and Operations, the Director of Operations will oversee/manage costs and ensure efficient and timely and effective deployment of capital on inventory and goods, and plan/forecast in tandem with sales team and CFO.
- Oversee and manage third party co-packing operations
- Negotiate contracts and pricing with contract manufacturers
- Manage quality control, assurance, certifications, regulatory and compliance of all products
- Provide cost analysis of current and future SKUS
- Develop and implement policies, processes and procedures to drive continuous improvement in operations
- Ensure that all products are made and packaged according to company Standard Operating Procedures and company specifications
- Assist in sourcing raw ingredients and packaging
- Support production innovation efforts and new product roll-outs
Education, experience, & requirements:
- Direct experience managing and sourcing co-manufacturer and copacker relationships for food or beverage products with a limited shelf life is required.
- Supply chain management for products with a limited shelf life required (under 1 year/more than 3 months)
- Top to top negotiations experience in building and managing supplier relationships
- Contracting experience – managing negotiations and developing contracts with key vendor partners.
- Forecasting and responsive supply chain management
- Financial management and reporting experience required, including experience with financial processes – developing/instilling and/or following.
- Minimum 10 years of business experience; at least 5 years in the food/beverage space.
- Experience in tactical fast-growth company situations required, where rapid scaling is essential.
- Position requires tactical, hands-on management.
- Must be able to juggle multiple priorities and objectives for rapidly growing and evolving organization.
- Advanced degree (beyond bachelors) is a plus, not required.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills required
- Able to work effectively to deadlines
- Enjoys fast-paced, ever changing environment as company grows by 200-300%+ per year
- Able to shift priorities fluidly, in tandem with evolving business demands
- Comfortable with multi-tasking
- Self-starter/able to work without extensive management oversight
- Candidates under consideration will be required to successfully pass full background, credit, and criminal checks before receiving a job offer.
Compensation & benefits:
- Base salary will be in line with market and experience
- Compensation to include benefits (healthcare, vision, dental); may include options/equity compensation
- This position is located at The Alkaline Water Company’s HQ in the Scottsdale Arizona. Candidates must be available and onsite at our Scottsdale office daily; commuting or working remotely is not possible in this role.