Chief Operating Officer
Three Trees OrganicsApply for Job
Three Trees, the brand behind the world’s most pure and delicious plant-based milks, is seeking an experienced leader to be a part of our executive team. This is a rare opportunity to be part of a high-growth natural foods startup solving a big problem in the food industry today: the lack of delicious, clean, and nourishing plant-based foods. We are the leading brand that stands for uncompromising quality and taste. Our nut and seed milks are delighting consumers across the country. With 6 years of demonstrated traction and success in the market, the company is poised for high growth in a hot industry. Three Trees is an established startup making a real impact.
Our COO will play an essential role in the growth and scale of Three Trees. As a leader, you will drive quality, efficiency and excellence, continually upgrading the infrastructure and processes to improve current operations and set the organization up for future growth. You will bring creativity, experience and accountability to an already performance-oriented culture. You will be charged with overseeing the day-to-day of the business, and building our supplier partnerships. This executive must be a proven operational leader who possesses tremendous stamina, creativity, and a quantitative approach to business operations, and must be an exceptional manager of talent.
- Work in conjunction with Sales to develop S&OP forecasts
- Effectively build and manage strategic relationships with all suppliers. Ensure current suppliers have adequate capacity to meet company’s growth projections, work with suppliers to improve the reliability and efficiency of the supply chain
- Qualify new supplier partners as needed to ensure both capacity and quality needs are being met
- Develop and implement plans to significantly reduce COGS across the supply chain (manufacturing margin, warehousing, and freight)
- Ensure the highest level of product quality and consumer satisfaction
- Provide hands-on guidance and management of the team and company’s day-to-day operations
- Provide goal-setting and decision support to promote improvement of all aspects of operations that impact top and bottom line
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or quantitative discipline. MBA is a plus
- 10+ years operational experience, primarily scaling a consumer / product driven business
- Strong managerial skills with proven ability to build teams of top talent and foster a culture of high performance
- Driven by a performance management mindset and creates a sense of urgency and accountability in oneself and others
- Proven strategic thinker and problem solver when it comes to competitive strategy, business models and resource allocation
- Great people and relationship-building skills
- A “player-coach” who can both manage teams and get into the weeds when necessary
- Displays strong analytical skills and a data driven mindset
The position is based in Hayward, California and will require occasional travel.
Interested? Email email@example.com to connect.
At Our Core, We Are:
Entrepreneurial. We strive for excellence– we deliver consistently strong performance, and go to great lengths to delight customers. We take great pride in our work. We are results-focused. Strong work ethic and ownership mentality are in our DNA; we roll up our sleeves and do whatever it takes!
Authentic. We bring our honest, full selves to work every day. We give and receive candid and direct feedback. We value integrity, humility, and kindness. There is no room for big egos on our team.
Mission-Driven. We are passionate and driven by ideals. Our can-do attitude and commitment to higher standards set us apart and keep us aligned and focused.