Three Trees OrganicsApply for Job
Three Trees, the brand behind the world’s most pure and delicious plant-based milks, is seeking an experienced leader to be a part of our executive team. This is a rare opportunity to be part of a high-growth natural foods startup solving a big problem in the food industry today: the lack of delicious, clean, and nourishing plant-based foods. We are the leading brand that stands for uncompromising quality and taste. Our nut and seed milks are delighting consumers across the country. With 6 years of demonstrated traction and success in the market, the company is poised for high growth in a hot industry. Three Trees is an established startup making a real impact.
Based in the SF Bay Area. This position requires leadership and business management skills. The Sales Director is responsible for Sales Planning, Budgeting, and Execution. This position will lead the development and implementation of Sales strategies, objectives, and tactics to gain distribution and increase sales across all channels. They are also responsible for overseeing the development and execution of trade level Marketing plans that achieve ROI, as well as communicate our brand values through every touch point.
- Ownership of annual budgeting and monthly forecasting process ensuring that company achieves its aggressive revenue targets and strategic goals
- Develop trade spend strategies and budget tied to Sales budget and track performance monthly
- Ensure robust weekly and monthly sales performance data analysis and track performance against objectives
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with key customers and retail accounts via phone, events, and in-person meetings ensuring that mutual objectives are achieved
- Manage and oversee distribution and sales partners; motivate and energize them to help achieve company’s sales objectives
- Develop and ensure distribution partners’ execution of promotional plans
New business development
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of new accounts to meet aggressive 24 month rolling new account sales goals
- Responsible for building and maintaining effective presentations for securing new business and category reviews
- Understand product and company economics ensuring new business is able to achieve profitability targets
- Become an industry expert, staying on top of consumers’ evolving needs and competitor and market trends
- Develop and oversee robust tool kit of retail level marketing and trade programs (e.g., promotions, coupons, demos, trainings, retailer specific digital marketing programs, etc.) that will drive incremental velocity and generate strong ROI
- Plan and execute selling events (mostly trade shows)
You must possess the following qualities:
- A passion for our vision and brand
- “Hunter” mentality to secure new accounts
- High energy, motivation, work-ethic, and accountability
- Resourceful, action and results-oriented
- Able to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced and fluid environment
- A strong sense of ownership and urgency in all matters related to the health of the business
- Great people and relationship-building skills
- Analytical, attention to detail, ability to be roll up sleeves and get things done
- 5+ years of prior sales leadership experience in the CPG Food space- required.
- Start-up experience is highly valued
- National relationships with key retailers in the natural, club and grocery channels in the dairy space – a huge plus!
- Experience managing brokers, distributors, retailers in the Natural channel
- Knowledge of the natural and conventional grocery channels
- Self motivated, humble, analytical, attention to detail, ability to roll up sleeves and get it done
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Most importantly, you are passionate about food, re-designing the food chain, improving its sustainability, and sharing incredible plant based nut and seed milks with the world!
The full-time, exempt position is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and will require some travel.
Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to connect.
At Our Core, We Are:
Entrepreneurial. We strive for excellence– we deliver consistently strong performance, and go to great lengths to delight customers. We take great pride in our work. We are results-focused. Strong work ethic and ownership mentality are in our DNA; we roll up our sleeves and do whatever it takes!
Authentic. We bring our honest, full selves to work every day. We give and receive candid and direct feedback. We value integrity, humility, and kindness. There is no room for big egos on our team.
Mission-Driven. We are passionate and driven by ideals. Our can-do attitude and commitment to higher standards set us apart and keep us aligned and focused.