Director of Marketing
The Honest StandApply for this Job
JOB DESCRIPTION: DIRECTOR OF MARKETING
ABOUT THE TEAM YOU’LL JOIN:
At The Honest Stand, we are dedicated to creating delicious plant-based convenient comfort foods. Whether you’re vegan, vegetarian, paleo or just plain hangry, our products can be enjoyed by all of your friends and family- no matter their dietary choices. We use all natural, organic veggies and nuts to provide plant-based innovative twists on classic American foods. Since hitting the shelves in 2016, The Honest Stand’s award-winning products have become available coast to coast in natural, specialty and conventional grocery stores.
For more info about us, please visit www.thehoneststand.com
The Director of Marketing is an exciting and unique opportunity to lead the marketing team at one of the fastest growing brands in the natural foods industry. The candidate will play a key role in the development and implementation of the brand strategy and will manage all brand marketing, social and digital media, creative development, PR, shopper marketing, retail activation, and innovation while maintaining a focus on initiatives that will have measurable impact on brand value to aid in achieving both company and department goals. This role reports to the founder & CEO. If the idea of being part of a start-up team with the mission to change our food system for the better is what gets you energized and out the door every day, then this is the right role for you.
- Brand Strategy: Leads development and execution of brand strategies and annual brand marketing plans including business objectives, consumer and channel strategies, and translation of strategies to the consumer through elements of the marketing mix working cross functional within the organization and third party agency partners. Provides thought leadership to strategically grow, achieve results and analyze new opportunities to win.
- Budget Management: Leads annual development and ongoing management of the marketing budget. Responsibility includes monthly reconciliation, reforecasting and diligent communication with CFO and finance team.
- Innovation: Leads cross-functional teams in innovation and renovation efforts. Progress innovation initiatives prior to commercialization process and all the way through every stage including post launch support and day-to-day portfolio management. In conjunction with the sales team, develops sales support materials for major programs and new item launches. Leads projects that may include new platform innovation, packaging redesigns, product formulation changes, line extensions, sales collateral development, new channel development and launch plans such as shopper, digital, owned and earned media tactics.
- Tradeshow Management: Oversee all strategy, planning and execution for the company’s presence at trade and selling shows to achieve company goals.
- Project Management: Manage all brand projects including, but not limited to, advertising, merchandising, promotions, shopper marketing, tradeshow and innovation. Lead development of project briefs that give focused direction to program teams/agencies to develop programs that build equity and deliver results. Provides relationship management with external agencies, vendors or business partners as needed.
- Sales Strategy & Support: Support VP Sales in channel strategies, data analysis, trade promotion strategies and development of customer selling decks.
- This role has two direct reports and will require experience building, training and managing a team.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5-8 years’ experience in the food or CPG industry
- Exceptional skills in Marketing leadership and brand strategic thinking
- Experience with SPINS, IRI, Nielsen and customer portal data
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Solid understanding of brand-building and grassroots marketing tactics
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment on a variety of complex projects plus experience managing a team
- Excellent project management skills
- Must be a Citizen or National of the United States, a lawful, permanent resident, or have authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must not now, or in the future, require sponsorship for an employment visa
- Look forward to having a great view of the mountains while working from our office in Louisville, CO
- Must be able to lift boxes up to 50lbs to a height of 3-4ft.
- Competitive salary based on experience, benefits and equity.